DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Immunosuppressants Market by Drug class, Calcineurin Inhibitors, Indication, and Distribution channel: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global immunosuppressants market was valued at $13,890.0 million in 2018 and is expected to reach $42,511.37 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 14.7% from 2019 to 2026. Immunosuppressants suppress the immune response or agents after organ transplantation or grafting procedures. After an organ transplantation, recipient's body produces certain immune response against it as it considers the organ as an antigen that may harm the body. These immunosuppressants help in combating hyper immune response produced by body's immune cells. These drugs are a crucial part of organ transplantation procedure as it prevents the body from serious damages.
Increase in incidence of autoimmune disorders such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and alopecia areata is the major factor that drives the market growth. In addition, surge in organ transplant procedures such as kidney transplant and liver transplant due to rise in incidence of organ failure further propels the market growth. For instance, as per the U.S. Government Information on Organ Donation and Transplantation, 36,528 organ transplants were performed in 2018 in the country. However, dearth of availability of organ donors and high cost of transplantation as well as immunosuppressant drugs are the limitations for the growth of this market. In addition, side effects of these drugs are expected to hamper the market growth. One of the major side effects of these drugs, especially, corticosteroids is osteoporosis. It is the condition in which density of bones is decreased, increasing the risk of fractures.
The market is segmented on the basis of drug class, indication, distribution channel, and region. By drug class, it is divided into corticosteroids, monoclonal antibodies, calcineurin inhibitors, mTOR inhibitors, anti-proliferative agents, and others. On the basis of indication, it is categorized into organ transplantation, autoimmune disorders, and non-autoimmune inflammatory diseases. By distribution channel, it is classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2018 to 2026, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of four major regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled, and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Key Findings of the Study
- By drug class, the calcineurin inhibitors segment accounted for the highest market share of 35% in 2018 and is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- By region, North America was the major shareholder and accounted for the highest share of 42% in 2018.
- By indication, auto-immune disorder segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.6% during the forecast period.
- By distribution channel, the hospital pharmacy segment dominated the market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
Chapter 3: Market Overview
3.1. Market Definition And Scope
3.2. Key Findings
3.2.1. Top Investment Pockets
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1. Moderate Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.2. Low Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.3. Moderate Threat of Substitutes
3.3.4. Low Threat of New Entrants
3.3.5. Moderate Competitive Rivalry
3.4. Top Player Positioning
3.5. Market Dynamics
220.127.116.11. Surge In Autoimmune Disorders
18.104.22.168. Increase In Demand For Organ Transplantation
22.214.171.124. Lack of Awareness Towards Organ Transplantation
126.96.36.199. Various Growth Opportunities In Emerging Economies
Chapter 4: Immunosuppressant Market, By Indication
4.1.1. Market Size And Forecast
4.2. Organ Transplantation
4.3. Autoimmune Disorders
4.4. Other Diseases
Chapter 5: Immunosuppressant Market, By Drug Class
5.1.1. Market Size And Forecast
5.2. Calcineurin Inhibitors
5.4. Monoclonal Antibodies (Mabs)
5.5. Mtor Inhibitors
5.6. Other Immunosuppressants
Chapter 6: Immunosuppressants Market, By Distribution Channel
6.1.1. Market Size And Forecast
6.2. Hospital Pharmacies
6.3. Retail Pharmacies
6.4. Online Pharmacy
Chapter 7: Immunosuppressant Market, By Region
7.2. North America
Chapter 8: Company Profiles
8.1. Abbvie Inc.
8.2. Astellas Pharma Inc.
8.3. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
8.4. Glaxosmithkline Plc.
8.5. Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Accord Healthcare Ltd.)
8.6. Johnson & Johnson (Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
8.7. Mylan N.V.
8.8. Novartis International Ag (Sandoz)
8.9. Pfizer Inc.
8.10. Sanofi S.A.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3ge079