WESTFIELD, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To support hospitality trainers in the COVID-19 pandemic, the Council of Hotel and Restaurant Trainers (CHART, www.chart.org) is providing free membership through a newly created Membership Access Program to new members, and is providing pay-what-you-can renewal for current members who are unable to renew their membership due to the crisis.
“Hospitality training professionals are at the forefront of helping the restaurant, foodservice, and lodging industries get back on their feet and get employees ready to serve guests again in the coming weeks,” said Serah Morrissey, CHART President and Senior Director of Human Resources for the InterContinental Hotel MSP in Minneapolis, MN. “We want as many hospitality trainers as possible to have immediate access to the tools, resources, and network that they desperately need right now.”
CHART membership includes access to:
- Ask My Peers – a private, members-only online discussion group that actively shares solutions and best practices
- Virtual Training Forums – newly-created to address timely and critical COVID-19 topics
- Regional Training Forums – in-person and virtual meetings across the U.S.
- Hospitality Training Magazine – articles and member blogs with practical training content
- Hospitality Trainer Toolbox – an arsenal of research, publications, and ideas
- Member Directory – contact information for the nation’s top hospitality trainers
APPLICATION INFORMATION: New members must meet the eligibility criteria of being in (or recently in) a hospitality training position for an operator business. Free membership will be offered through May 31, 2020 and will last for a period of one year.
DONATE: CHART, a non-profit association, is accepting donations to offset the cost of this program.
The hashtag for this program is #BetterTogetherCHART.
CHART (chart.org), a non-profit professional association founded in 1970, is the leading resource for the development and advancement of hospitality training professionals and their organizations. With more than 500 members from more than 300 multi-unit restaurant, foodservice, and lodging companies, CHART represents a workforce of almost three million. CHART includes all facets of hospitality training, learning, and performance professionals; from entry level to senior executive. CHART’s mission is to develop hospitality training professionals to improve performance through access to networks, education, and resources. Follow CHART on Facebook or Twitter at @CHARTtrainers.