The global polyurethane market was worth $ 95.13 billion in 2019. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12% and reach $149.91 billion by 2023.
Polyurethane Market Global Report 2020 from the author provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global polyurethane (PUR) market.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 12+ geographies.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
- Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order.
The polyurethane market consists of the sales of polyurethane and related services which are used in foams as an insulation material, coatings, adhesives and sealants and an elastomer. Polyurethane refers to form of plastic polymer material which is used to produce modern, versatile and safe consumer and industrial products that are environmental friendly.
Adoption of polyurethane in home furnishings is driving the polyurethane market. Furniture manufacturing companies are enhancing comfort, durability, health and safety by using flexible polyurethane foam (FPF) as a cushioning material for upholstered furniture, bedding and carpet underlay. Furthermore, with the introduction of advanced manufacturing process, polyurethane form provides more uniform, predictable and durable end products.
For instance, according to American Chemistry Council, it is proven that FPF when compressed by 90% for 22 hours, could recover more than 90% of its original height, which is highly durable than any other form furniture material. Moreover, completely cured polyurethane products are considered to be inert and safe and was concurred by the U.S. EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). The durability, comfort and safety provided by polyurethane continue to be the major reasons for use in the furniture industry, thereby, driving the demand of polyurethane industry going forward.
In November 2018, Covestro, a German-based polymer company, accelerated the expansion of its thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPU) business by raising its stake in the joint venture DIC Covestro Polymer Ltd. (DCP) from 50% to 80%. Both the parties agreed to not disclose any financial details of the transaction. Closing of the deal is planned for early second quarter 2019, subject to the approval from the relevant authorities. The investment is part of Covestro's expansion of its global TPU business. DIC Covestro Polymer Ltd. is a Japan-based supplier of thermoplastic polyurethanes.
Major players in the market are The Dow Chemical Company, BASF SE, Covestro, Huntsman Corp., Eastman Chemical Co., Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., DIC Corp, Nippon Polyurethane Industry Corp Ltd., Recticel S.A., Woodbridge Foam Corp.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Polyurethane Market Characteristics
3. Polyurethane Market Size And Growth
3.1. Global Polyurethane Historic Market, 2015 - 2019, $ Billion
3.1.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.1.2. Restraints On The Market
3.2. Global Polyurethane Forecast Market, 2019 - 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
3.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.2.2. Restraints On the Market
4. Polyurethane Market Segmentation
4.1. Global Polyurethane Market, Segmentation By Product Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Adhesives and sealants
- Flexible and rigid foams
4.2. Global Polyurethane Market, Segmentation By End Use Industry, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Electronics & Appliances
5. Polyurethane Market Regional And Country Analysis
5.1. Global Polyurethane Market, Split By Region, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5.2. Global Polyurethane Market, Split By Country, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- The Dow Chemical Company
- BASF SE
- Huntsman Corp.
- Eastman Chemical Co.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- DIC Corp
- Nippon Polyurethane Industry Corp Ltd.
- Recticel S.A.
- Woodbridge Foam Corp.
- RTP Company
- Lubrizol Corp.
- Tosoh Corporation
- Manali Petrochemicals Ltd.
- Wanhua Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
- Eastman Chmical Co
- Nippon PU Industry Corp
- Recticel S.A
- Rampf Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- Foamex Innovations (U.S)
- Kuwait Polyurethane Industries W.L.L
- Recticel s.a./n.v.
- Rogers Corporation
- Sheela Foam Ltd.
- INOAC Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tg8on9