DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Air Brake System Market by Type, Component and Vehicle Type: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2018-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global air brake system market size was valued at $4.8 billion in 2018, and is projected to reach $6.6 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 3.57% from 2018 to 2026.
An air brake or a compressed air brake system is a frictional braking system used in vehicles in which compressed air is being pressed on a piston which further applies the pressure to the brake pad, eventually leading the vehicle to come to rest. Air brakes are used in large & heavy vehicles, particularly those having multiple trailers which must be linked to the brake system, such as trucks, buses, trailers and semi-trailers and railroad trains. George Westinghouse first developed air brakes for use in railway service. The air brake system have a wider application in service brakes, parking brakes, and includes wider range of components such as control pedal, an air storage tank and various other components.
The air brake system works when the compressed air presses the piston thereby applying pressure on the brake pads, eventually causing the vehicle to stop. It comprises several components including a compressor, governor, tank, air dryer, foot valve, brake chamber, and slack adjuster. Currently, there are two types of air brake system commonly available in the market which are effective and efficient to provide safety while driving. The air brake system is integrated in heavy and commercial vehicles to apply more massive brake effort. The increased demand for air brakes has positively impacted the air brake system market. Air brakes systems are anticipated to witness significant growth over the years, owing to rise in awareness among consumers about vehicle safety and security while driving.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global air brake system market along with the current trends and future estimations to depict the imminent investment pockets.
- The overall market potential is determined to understand the profitable trends to enable stakeholders gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2018 to 2026 to highlight the financial competency of the market.
- Porter's five forces analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers.
Key Findings of the Air Brake System Market:
- Based on type, the air drum brake segment generated the highest revenue in 2018.
- Based on component, the tank segment was the highest revenue contributor in 2018.
- Based on region, the U.S. is anticipated to exhibit the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on region, North America contributed the highest air brake system market revenue in 2018, followed by Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA.
- The key players analyzed in this report are Knorr-Bremse, Wabco, Meritor, Haldex, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Wabtec, Nabtesco, TSE Brakes, Federal-Mogul and Sorl Auto Parts.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Key Benefits For Stakeholders
1.3. Key Market Segments
1.4. Research Methodology
1.4.1. Primary Research
1.4.2. Secondary Research
1.4.3. Analyst Tools And Models
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
2.1. CXO Perspective
Chapter 3: Market Overview
3.1. Market Definition And Scope
3.2. Key Findings
3.2.1. Top Impacting Factors
3.2.2. Top Investment Pockets
3.2.3. Top Winning Strategies
3.3. Porter'S Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Market Share Analysis (2018)
3.5. Market Dynamics
Chapter 4: Market Name, By Type
4.2. Air Disc Brake
4.2.1. Key Market Trends, Growth Factors And Opportunities
4.2.2. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
4.2.3. Market Analysis By Country
4.3. Air Drum Brake
4.3.1. Key Market Trends, Growth Factors, And Opportunities
4.3.2. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
4.3.3. Market Analysis By Country
Chapter 5: Market Name, By Component
5.5. Air Dryer
5.6. Foot Valve
5.7. Brake Chamber
5.8. Slack Adjuster
Chapter 6: Market Name, By Vehicle Type
6.4. Rolling Stock
Chapter 7: Market Name, By Region
7.2. North America
Chapter 8: Company Profiles
8.1. Knorr-Bremse Ag
8.4. Meritor, Inc.
8.5. Haldex Inc.
8.6. Zf Friedrichshafen Ag
8.7. Wabtec Corporation
8.8. Nabtesco Automotive Corporation
8.9. Tse Brakes Inc.
8.10. Sorl Auto Parts, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xc5r40