DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Protein Sequencing Market by Product and Service Technology and Application: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global protein sequencing market size was valued at $ 5,399.9 million in 2018 and is expected to reach $ 9,926.7 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.8% from 2019 to 2026.
Protein sequencing provides information regarding the amino acids that make up a protein. While performing the sequencing process, amino acids are sequentially removed from the N-terminal end of the protein strand and identified in the order they occur in the protein. Protein sequencing finds its wide applications in the field of genetic engineering, and biotherapeutics. There are two main technologies available for protein sequencing namely Edman degradation and mass spectrometry. Edman degradation is considered as the gold standard for protein sequencing.
The major factors contributing to the growth of the protein sequencing market include surge in focus on biotherapeutics development biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in various developing and developed regions. Technological advancements in de novo peptide-sequencing methods and analytical methods, with the application of neural networks, have opened new avenues in the market. However, high cost of infrastructures and the required equipment such as mass spectrometers, hamper the market growth. On the contrary, technological advancements for the identification of isobaric residues in protein sequences are expected to create lucrative opportunities in the near future.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The protein sequencing market share and analysis is based on a comprehensive analysis of key developments in the industry.
- The development strategies adopted by the key market players are enlisted to understand the competitive scenario of the global market.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The global protein sequencing market trends are studied from 2018 to 2026.
- Information about key drivers, restrains, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the market size is provided.
- Porter's five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers operating in the protein sequencing industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the global protein sequencing market from 2019 to 2026 is provided to determine the market potential.
Key Findings of the Protein Sequencing Market:
- By product & service, the reagent & consumables segment accounted for the highest market share of 57% in 2018 and is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- By region, North America was the major shareholder and accounted for the highest share of 40% in 2018.
- By application, the biopharmaceuticals segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period.
- By end user, the biotechnology & pharmaceutical company segment dominated the market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period.
- Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Bioinformatics Solutions Inc., Charles River Laboratories, Agilent Technologies, Inc., Proteome Factory, Rapid Novor Inc., Selvita, SGS, Shimadzu Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and Waters Corporation are provided in this report.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Key Benefits For Stakeholders
1.3. Research Methodology
1.3.1. Secondary Research
1.3.2. Primary Research
1.3.3. Analyst Tools & Models
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
2.1. CXO Perspective
Chapter 3: Market Overview
3.1. Market Definition And Scope
3.2. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3. Market Share Analysis
3.4. Market Dynamics
184.108.40.206. Increasing Focus On Target-Based Drug Development
220.127.116.11. Advancements In Mass Spectrometry And Analytical Techniques
18.104.22.168. Dearth Of Skilled Researchers And Laboratory Professionals
22.214.171.124. Opportunity In Computational Proteomics
Chapter 4: Protein Sequencing Market, By Products & Services
4.2. Reagents & Consumables
4.4. Analysis Product
4.5. Protein Sequencing Services
Chapter 5: Protein Sequencing Market, By Technology
5.2. Mass Spectrometry
5.3. Edman Degradation
Chapter 6: Protein Sequencing Market, By Application
6.3. Biotechnology Research
Chapter 7: Protein Sequencing Market By Region
7.2. North America
Chapter 8: Company Profiles
8.1. Charles River Laboratories
8.2. Shimadzu Corp.
8.3. Agilent Technologies
8.4. Thermo Fischer Inc.
8.6. Rapid Novor.
8.8. Proteome Factory
8.9. Bioinformatics Solution
8.10. Water Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tahl8q