Technology disrupts B2B payments worldwide
Artificial intelligence, blockchain, and machine learning are disrupting global B2B Payments by optimizing and automating payment flows. Blockchain, in particular, is expected to benefit cross-border payments between businesses, helping enable a few trillion U.S. dollars in international transaction value by 2024, reports the analyst. Another innovation is real-time payments, which are expected to boost B2B payments above all other segments, according to surveys cited in the new publication.
Emerging B2B payment means
Another trend highlighted in the report is the growing diversity of payment methods used by B2B companies. Although checks and bank transfers still dominate the larger payment volume between businesses, other payment means came to the forefront in specific use cases and purchase channels. For example, when paying for digital subscriptions, one-third of companies in Germany and France were likely to pay by E-Wallets, and in the U.S., the credit card was the top method used by corporate buyers to pay for frequent online purchases.
- This report covers the B2B payment market with a focus on market developments and trends. Information both about total B2B payment (all channels) and B2B E-Commerce payment specifically was included.
- In addition to global developments, selected regional and country insights from three regions are provided, including Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
- The report opens with a global chapter. It contains information on global B2B payment developments. These include data on the current size and projections for the B2B payments revenues market. Furthermore, market trends such as digital transformation and technological disruption are covered in both quantitative and qualitative (text) charts. In addition, the results of recent surveys of B2B buyers were cited in order to reveal business customers' expectations with regard to
- Regional chapters follow, ranked by B2B payments market size potential: Asia-Pacific, North America, and Europe. Selected quantitative information for the major markets in these regions, including the USA, Canada, China, Japan, India, Australia, Germany, the UK, France, Italy, and Spain was provided to exemplify the global trends in general B2B payments and business-to-business E-Commerce payments. The type and scope of information included per country and
- region varied due to data availability and is intended to illustrate the overall market developments rather than cover the specific geographies.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
- B2B Payment Trends, January 2020
- Payments Revenues, in USD billion, and Breakdown by Consumer and Commercial, in %, 2019e & 2025f
- Wholesale Payments Revenues, in USD billion, and Breakdown by Revenue Type, in %, 2019e & 2028f
- Cross-Border Payment Flows, in USD trillion, Payments Revenue Margin, in %, and Payments Revenues, in USD billion, by Segments, 2018
- Cross-Border B2B Payment Transactions Based on Blockchain, in USD billion, 2019e & 2024f
- B2B Payment Transactions Processed by Pureplay Digital Operators, in USD trillion, 2018 & 2023
- Payment Transactions Made With Virtual Corporate Cards, in USD billion, 2019e & 2022f
- B2B E-Commerce Sales, in USD trillion, 2018 & 2024f
- Share of B2B Buyers Who Prefer Digital Channels Over Traditional Ones, in %, April 2019
- Top Features That Would Persuade B2B Buyers to Choose a Vendor When Evaluating the Alternatives in the B2B Buying Process, in % of B2B Buyers, February 2019
- Top 3 Aspects of the B2B E-Commerce Buying Experience at the Purchase Stage, in % of B2B Buyers, February 2019
- Reasons To Switch B2B Sellers, in % of B2B Buyers, March 2019
- Top Ways In Which B2B Companies Could Make It Easier For Customers To Do Business With Them Online, in % of B2B Decision-Makers, August 2019
- Top 3 Efficiencies For Which Small Businesses Choose Marketplaces, in % of Online Purchasing Decision-Makers, January 2019
- Technologies Expected To Be Most Relevant for Corporate Treasury In The Next 2-3 Years, in % of Businesses, May 2019
- Relevance of Selected Technologies for Payment Execution by Corporate Treasury, in % of Businesses, May 2019
- Top Areas of Investment According to Treasurers, in %, 2019
- Share of Businesses Making Regular Payments in More Than 6 Currencies, in % of Businesses, 2018 & 2019
- Average B2B Payment Duration by Payment Terms, Payment Delay and Total Payment Duration, in Days, by Selected Regions, 2019
- Average Share of Past Due B2B Invoices, in % of Total Value of B2B Invoices, by Selected Regions, 2019
- Share of B2B Sales Made on Credit, in % of Total B2B Sales, by Selected Regions, 2019
4. North America
- HSBC Holdings Plc
- Mastercard Inc
- PayPal Inc.
- Visa Inc
- Wells Fargo & Co
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/fu06ts