NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) publishes its 2019 Consumer Loan Marketplace Lending Year in Review and 2020 Outlook. ABS securitization issuance rose in the consumer loan marketplace lending (MPL) space in 2019 to record levels of $9.5 billion. KBRA continues to be the leading rating agency in the sector, having rated 29 securitizations totaling $8.4 billion and 81 MPL securitizations since 2016. The highlights for the sector in 2019 included greater funding diversification, broader and deeper investor acceptance, tighter credit spreads, and positive rating migration of outstanding ABS despite mixed collateral performance.
The report includes:
- Information on consumer MPL ABS growth and spreads
- Detailed loan origination and ABS issuance volume by platform
- Securitization performance and rating trends
- Delinquency roll rate analysis compared to other sectors
- Comparison of collateral characteristics, lending license arrangements, and funding sources
- A synopsis of legal and regulatory developments affecting the sector
- KBRA’s outlook for 2020
To access the report, click here.
Related Publications: (available at www.kbra.com)
CONNECT WITH KBRA
About KBRA and KBRA Europe
KBRA is a full-service credit rating agency registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an NRSRO. In addition, KBRA is designated as a designated rating organization by the Ontario Securities Commission for issuers of asset-backed securities to file a short form prospectus or shelf prospectus. KBRA is also recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners as a Credit Rating Provider, and is a certified Credit Rating Agency (CRA) by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA). Kroll Bond Rating Agency Europe Limited is registered with ESMA as a CRA.