This report covers:
- Description of the global metamaterials market in 2018.
- Global revenue estimates to 2030 by markets.
- Stage of commercialization for metamaterials applications, from basic research to market entry.
- Market drivers, trends and challenges, by end-user markets.
- Competitive landscape.
- In-depth market assessment of opportunities for metamaterials in sound insulation, vibration damping, antennas, thermal management, wireless charging, transport communications, radar, sensors, autonomous vehicles, anti-reflective plastics, security screening, EMI, anti-reflection coatings, solar coatings, displays, soft materials, and medical imaging.
- In-depth profiles of 30 companies, including products, investments, partnerships, and commercial activities. Companies profiled include Anywaves, Echodyne, Inc., Evolv Technologies, Inc., Fractal Antenna Systems, Inc, Kymeta Corporation, Lumotive, Metamaterial Technologies, Inc. and Metawave Corporation.
- Detailed forecasts for key growth areas, opportunities, and user demand.
- Revenues and activities by region.
Markets targeted, by product developers and end-users.
Metamaterials applications will represent a multi-billion market within the next decade with product advances in radar and lidar for autonomous vehicles, telecommunications antenna, 5G networks, coatings, vibration damping, wireless charging, noise prevention and more.
Metamaterials are artificially engineered structures with exceptional material properties (acoustic, electrical, magnetic, optical, etc.). They comprise arrays of resonators that manipulate electromagnetic waves or sound in ways not normally found in nature.
Possessing customized dielectric properties and tunable responses allow for excellent flexibility in a range of applications, their use enabling the manipulation of fields and waves at a subwavelength scale.
Initial R&D in metamaterials has focused on cloaking and light manipulation, but the last few years has seen applications development in:
- Radar imaging
- Optics (terahertz and infrared)
- Coatings & films
- Lidar systems for self-driving cars
- Medical imaging.
There are now over 25 metamaterials product developers worldwide, who have received $300 million in recent investment as the metamaterials market picks up again after a sluggish few years.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Aims and objectives of the study
1.2 Market opportunity analysis
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
3.1 Historical metamaterials market
3.2 Recent growth
3.3 Global market revenues, current, and forecast
3.4 Regional analysis
3.5 Market opportunity assessment
3.6 Investment funding in metamaterials
3.7 Future perspectives and prospects
3.8 Market and technology challenges
4 Metamaterials Overview
4.1 What are metamaterials?
4.2.1 Electromagnetic metamaterials
18.104.22.168 Double negative (DNG) metamaterials
22.214.171.124 Single negative metamaterials
126.96.36.199 Electromagnetic bandgap metamaterials (EBG)
188.8.131.52 Bi-isotropic and bianisotropic metamaterials
184.108.40.206 Chiral metamaterials
4.2.2 Terahertz metamaterials
4.2.3 Photonic metamaterials
4.2.4 Tunable metamaterials
4.2.5 Frequency selective surface (FSS) based metamaterials
4.2.6 Nonlinear metamaterials
4.2.7 Acoustic metamaterials
5 Markets And Applications For Metamaterials
5.1 Global revenues for metamaterials, by market, 2017-2030 (Millions USD)
5.2.1 Market drivers and trends
220.127.116.11 Sound insulation
18.104.22.168 Vibration dampeners
5.2.3 Market assessment, growth prospects and revenue estimates
22.214.171.124 Global revenues for metamaterials in acoustics, 2017-2030
5.3.1 Market drivers and trends
126.96.36.199 Thermal management
188.8.131.52 Wireless charging
184.108.40.206 Mobile communications in transport
5.3.3 Market assessment, growth prospects and revenue estimates
220.127.116.11 Global revenues for metamaterials in communications, 2017-2030
5.4.1 Market drivers and trends
18.104.22.168 Radar and sensors
22.214.171.124 Autonomous vehicles
126.96.36.199 Anti-reflective plastics
5.4.3 Market assessment, growth prospects and revenue estimates
188.8.131.52 Global revenues for metamaterials in automotive, 2017-2030
5.5 Aerospace, Defence & Security
5.5.1 Market drivers and trends
184.108.40.206 Stealth technology
220.127.116.11 Optical sensors
18.104.22.168 Security screening
22.214.171.124 Windscreen films
126.96.36.199 Electromagnetic shielding
188.8.131.52 Thermal management
5.5.3 Market assessment, growth prospects and revenue estimates
184.108.40.206 Global revenues for metamaterials in aerospace, defense and security 2017-2030
5.6 Coatings And Films
5.6.1 Market drivers and trends
220.127.116.11 Cooling films
18.104.22.168 Anti-reflection surfaces
22.214.171.124 Optical solar reflection coatings
5.6.3 Market assessment, growth prospects, and revenue estimates
126.96.36.199 Global revenues for metamaterials in coatings and films, 2017-2030
5.7.1 Market drivers and trends
5.7.3 Global revenues for metamaterials in solar, 2017-2030
5.8 Medical Imaging
5.8.1 Market drivers and trends
188.8.131.52 Radiation detectors
5.8.3 Global revenues for metamaterials in medical imaging, 2017-2030
5.9 Touch Screens And Displays
5.9.1 Market drivers and trends
184.108.40.206 Stretchable displays
220.127.116.11 Soft materials
6 Metamaterials Company Profiles
7 Main Metamaterials Research Centres And Groups
- Echodyne, Inc.
- Evolv Technologies, Inc.
- Fractal Antenna Systems, Inc
- Kymeta Corporation
- Metamaterial Technologies, Inc.
- Metawave Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yxu0ep