ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Belgard®, the leader in outdoor living essentials for the patio and beyond, reveals its 2020 Color of the Year – Terrarium. An earthy green, Terrarium is a powerfully rejuvenating hue, amplifying and enhancing individuals’ connection to the natural environments around them.
Accents of Terrarium complement the full range of Belgard colorations, bringing outdoor visions to life – whether on an urban rooftop or at a rural retreat, a suburban backyard or a seaside terrace. Signifying growth, vitality and renewal, hints of this green in design accents and décor allow homeowners to create a biophilic paradise in their backyard.
“We want to stay true to our roots with Belgard’s first-ever Color of the Year. While Pantone’s Classic Blue lends itself to the sky, Terrarium is grounding with a strong connection to earth,” says Joe Raboine, Director of Residential Hardscapes at Belgard. “The biophilic design initiative aims to connect people and nature with built environments and has taken off in outdoor living and design in recent years. Terrarium is guided by these core biophilic elements with a sleek aesthetic that is cozy yet contemporary.”
Homeowners can create a biophilic sanctuary in their outdoor living space by pairing Terrarium-colored pieces, such as textiles and live greenery, with:
- Texture: Paver surface and texture add a dimensional aspect to outdoor living design for a time-worn aesthetic with tumbled or distressed finishes to an element of sophistication with a smooth or sculpted look.
- Scale: Depending on design goals, the shape and size of outdoor design elements, including pavers, fire features, water elements and planters, can help make outdoor spaces look more inviting, open and contemporary and in harmony with the surrounding environment.
In addition, Terrarium’s grassy green hues tie into 2020 outdoor living and design trends, including:
- Nature’s Influence on Material Combinations: Natural elements are integrated into design using turf, stone and contrasting textures, such as smooth porcelain intertwined with the rough finish of gravel.
- Bridging Living and Working Spaces: As more people work from home, individuals want comfortable spaces to work, live and relax. Outdoor spaces can create a change in scenery from the well-known home office with retaining walls that double as seating and fire features that make spaces livable year-round.
- Warm Tones: Earthy tones are making their way back into outdoor design to create sanctuary spaces. While grays made a splash in residential design and edged out tans and beiges in recent years, 2020 brings a shift back to warmer hues and softer muted colors.
To find more information, inspiration or to connect with a contractor, visit www.belgard.com.
Belgard, part of Oldcastle APG, offers a complete collection of paver and wall products for outdoor living spaces, walkways, driveways, parking areas and retaining walls. Available in a range of styles, premium Belgard products have been found in America’s finest homes and award-winning commercial and retail properties since 1995. For more information, visit Belgard.com or call 1-877-Belgard (235-4273).
Oldcastle APG is part of CRH’s Building Products division.
CRH is the leading building materials business in the world, employing c.90,000 people at c.3,700 operating locations in 32 countries. It is the largest building materials business in North America, the largest heavyside materials business in Europe and has a number of strategic positions in the emerging economic regions of Asia and South America. CRH manufactures and supplies a range of integrated building materials, products and innovative solutions which can be found throughout the built environment, from major public infrastructure projects to commercial buildings and residential structures. A Fortune 500 company, CRH is a constituent member of the FTSE 100 index, the EURO STOXX 50 index, the ISEQ 20 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe. CRH’s American Depositary Shares are listed on the NYSE.