DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Defoamers Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2018-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Defoamers Market - Overview
Defoamers, or antifoaming agents, are chemical additives that reduce and hamper the formation of foam in industrial processes. Defoamers are insoluble in the foaming medium and possess surface active properties. They offer low viscosity and spread rapidly on the foamy surface. This is an essential characteristic of defoamers. Defoamers have an affinity toward air-liquid surfaces, where they threaten the formation of foam lamellas. This results in the rupture of air bubbles and breakdown of the surface foam.
Defoamers play a crucial role in pulp and paper mills, as they help prevent the formation of foam. They are surface active agents such as esters or amides of fatty acids and PE glycols. Various types of problems occur due to the build-up of foam in paper mills. These include difficulties in the formation of paper, creation of deposits, development of bacteria, and drainage problems. Defoamers improve drainage in kraft pulp stock and sulfite stock in pulp mills. Usage of defoamers reduces paper breaking, thus improving the function of paper machine. Defoamers reduce steam consumption. This helps save energy and other costs. These properties are anticipated to drive the defoamers market.
Demand for defoamers is high in water treatment and food & beverages segments. However, demand for defoamers in paints & coatings and metalworking fluids segments is expected to rise significantly during the forecast period. The paints & coatings industry has been growing at a significant pace due to rise in requirement for decorative paints. The metalworking fluids sector is estimated to remain lucrative during the next few years. Increase in use of innovative products and a rise in focus on process R&D are key factors driving the demand for specialty chemicals including certain additives and softeners.
Major multinational companies with high production capacities dominate the global defoamers market. These prominent companies have high market capitalization due to their integration across the value chain, as compared to other manufacturers of defoamers. Large players are highly integrated, which helps reduce production costs and to gain a competitive edge in the market. Key players focus on exclusive agreements, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to enhance their market share and cater to diverse industries. Usage of defoamers has increased across the globe due to the presence of manufacturers of premium defoamer products and high performance of these products.
The report analyzes and forecasts the defoamers market at a global and regional level. The market has been forecast based on volume (kilo tons) and value (US$ Mn) from 2017 to 2026. The study includes drivers and restraints of the global defoamers market. It also covers the impact of these drivers and restraints on the demand for defoamers during the forecast period. The report highlights opportunities in the defoamers market at the global and regional level.
- Extensive analysis of market trends and shares from 2017 to 2026 at global and regional level, in terms of product and end-user industry segments
- Detailed country analysis and forecast for key countries such as the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, India, China, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Nigeria, Iran, and South Africa
- Porters' Five Forces analysis highlights buyer's and supplier's bargaining power to enable the stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions
- Market drivers, inhibitors, current & future market trends, and emerging applications
- Extensive pricing analysis across all geographies with respect to products, end-user industries, and regions
- Exhaustive list of potential areas, major manufacturers, and technology providers with their level of integration to identify diverse opportunities across the value chain
- Comprehensive list of key potential clients across major end-use industries in different geographies
- Regional and county level production output and an understanding of the demand-supply scenario
- Competitive landscape covers key companies' profiling, market share analysis, market footprint analysis, competitive business strategies, channels, and competition matrix for key players
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. Report Scope and Market Segmentation
1.2. Research Highlights
2. Assumptions and Research Methodology
2.1. Report Assumptions
2.2. Secondary Sources and Acronyms Used
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
5. Price Trend Analysis
6. Demand-Supply Scenario
7. Global Defoamers Market Analysis and Forecast, by Product
8. Defoamers Market Analysis and Forecast, by End-user Industry
9. Global Defoamers Market Analysis and Forecast, by Region
10. North America Defoamers Market Analysis and Forecast
11. Latin America Defoamers Market Analysis and Forecast
12. Europe Defoamers Market Analysis and Forecast
13. Asia Pacific Defoamers Market Analysis and Forecast
14. Middle East & Africa Defoamers Market Analysis and Forecast
15. Competition Landscape
15.1. Defoamers Market Share Analysis, by Company (2017)
15.2. Competition Matrix
15.3. Product Mapping
15.4. Company Profiles
15.4.1. Wacker Chemie AG
126.96.36.199. Company Description
188.8.131.52. Business Overview
184.108.40.206. Financial Details
220.127.116.11. Strategic Overview
18.104.22.168. Product Details
15.4.2. Elkem Silicones
15.4.3. DyStar Group
15.4.4. BASF SE
15.4.5. Clariant International AG
15.4.6. Synalloy Corporation
15.4.7. Evonik Industries AG
15.4.8. Accepta Ltd
15.4.9. Kemira Oyj
15.4.10. Ashland Global Holdings Inc
15.4.11. Momentive Performance Materials Inc
15.4.12. Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
15.4.14. Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
15.4.15. Elementis plc
15.4.16. Cytec Solvay Group
15.4.17. Emerald Performance Materials
15.4.18. BRB International B.V.
15.4.19. PMC Group, Inc.
15.4.20. LEVACO Chemicals GmbH
15.4.21. Kurita Water Industries Ltd.
15.4.22. Siltech Corporation
15.4.23. San Nopco Limited
15.4.24. Magrabar, LLC
15.4.25. Buckman Laboratories International, Inc.
15.4.26. Rudolf GmbH
15.4.27. CHT Group
15.4.28. Nalco Champion (An Ecolab company)
15.4.29. Dow Corning Corporation
15.4.30. Arysta LifeScience Magyarorszg Kft.
15.4.31. Archroma Packaging & Paper Specialties
15.4.32. CIMCOOL Fluid Technology, LLC
15.4.33. Banmark Oy
15.4.35. MNZING CHEMIE GmbH
15.4.36. BIM Kemi AB
15.4.37. Harcros Chemicals Inc.
15.4.38. SIXIN North America, Inc.
15.4.39. King Industries, Inc.
15.4.40. KCC Basildon
15.4.41. Enterprise Specialty Products
15.4.42. Bussetti & Co GmbH
15.4.43. Houghton International Inc.
15.4.44. Organic Defoamer Group
15.4.45. Nanjing Huaxing Defoamer Co., Ltd.
15.4.46. Elkay Chemicals Private Limited
15.4.47. K. K. Chempro India Pvt Ltd
15.4.48. Om Tex Chem Private Limited
15.4.49. Resil Chemicals Pvt. Ltd
15.4.50. Supreme Silicones
16. Primary Research - Key Insights
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3ex0p9