SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--According to Coherent Market Insights, the global stem cell therapy market was valued at US$ 7,313.6 million in 2018, and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 21.1% over the forecast period (2019-2027).
Key Trends and Analysis of the Stem cell therapy Market:
Key trends in market are increasing incidence of cancer and osteoporosis, rising number of research and development activities for product development, and adoption of growth strategies such as acquisitions, collaborations, product launches by the market players.
Key players are focused on launches of production facility for offering better stem cell therapy in the potential market. For instance, in January 2019, FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc., a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, announced to invest around US$ 21 Mn for building new cGMP-compliant production facility, in order to enhance production capacity of induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cell for the development of cell therapy and regenerative medicine products. The new facility is expected to begin its operations by March 2020.
Request your Sample copy @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/2848
Market players are adopting inorganic growth strategies such as acquisitions and collaborations, in order to enhance their offerings in the potential market. For instance, in August 2019, Bayer AG acquired BlueRock Therapeutics, a company developing cell therapies based on induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) platform. This acquisition is expected to strengthen Bayer’s market position in the stem cell therapy market.
Furthermore, increasing research and development activities of stem cells by research organizations to provide efficient treatment options to patients suffering from various chronic diseases is expected to drive growth of the stem cell therapy market over the forecast period. For instance, in January, 2019, the Center for Beta Cell Therapy in Diabetes and ViaCyte, Inc. initiated a trial of human stem cell-derived product candidates in type 1 diabetes patients in Europe.
However, high cost of preservation of stem cells and other factors is expected to hamper growth of stem cell therapy market over the forecast period. High cost of stem cell storage is a factor that is expected to hinder growth of the market. For instance, according to the Meredith Corporation, a private bank generally charges US$ 1,200 to US$ 2,300 to collect cord blood at the time of delivery, with annual storage fees of US$ 100 to US$ 300 each year. Thus, high cost associated with stem cell storage combined with high production cost are expected to hinder growth of the market, especially in emerging economies.
Key Market Takeaways:
- The stem cell therapy market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 21.1% during the forecast period (2019-2027), attributed to increasing incidence of cancer and osteoporosis, rising number of research and development activities, and adoption of growth strategies such as acquisition, collaboration, product launches by the market players. For instance In July, 2018, FamiCord acquired Stemlab, thereby positioning itself to control the largest cord blood bank in Portugal. FamiCord offers cord blood storage across Europe and owns eight stem cell processing laboratories, with a combined inventory of cord blood and other biological materials exceeding 355,000.
- Key players in the market are focused on acquisition and collaboration strategies, in order to enhance development and marketing of stem cell therapies, which in turn is expected to propel the market growth over the forecast period. For instance, in April, 2019, CelluGen Biotech (India) and FamiCord Group (Europe) collaborated to develop new stem cell-based drugs and advanced medical therapies (ATMP)
- Key players operating in the global stem cell therapy market include Magellan, Medipost Co., Ltd, Osiris Therapeutics, Inc., Kolon TissueGene, Inc., JCR Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd., Anterogen Co. Ltd., Pharmicell Co., Inc., and Stemedica Cell Technologies, Inc.
Buy this Report (Single User License) @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/2848
Global Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Cell Source:
- Adult Stem Cells
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
- Embryonic Stem Cells
Global Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Application:
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Wounds and Injuries
- Autoimmune disorders
Global Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Region:
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Middle East
- South Africa
- Central Africa
- North Africa
- North America
- Company Profiles