LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Quantzig, a global data analytics and advisory firm, that delivers actionable analytics solutions to resolve complex business problems has announced the completion of its latest article that explains why data and analytics play a crucial role in building smart cities.
Smart cities use real-time analytics to improve services such as- transportation, preventive policing, and crime reduction. But how does analytics help tackle the challenges that arise due to urban mobility and infrastructural changes, you ask? We’ve got you covered. Request a FREE proposal to learn more about our big data analytics capabilities.
A smart city or an urbanized region consists of IoT sensors and network devices that help improve the quality of life and ensure smart usage of resources such as time, energy, and money. Due to the recent surge in the usage of connected devices and the growing popularity of the internet of things, big data, and analytics, local authorities have started capitalizing on real-time information to curb traffic, pollution levels, crime rates, and energy consumption.
According to Quantzig’s big data analytics experts, “Smart cities run on data, but to successfully build one it's crucial to analyze the data sets generated by diverse sources and every component of a smart city.”
Quantzig’s analytics experts apply deep industry knowledge, substantive technical expertise, and a holistic approach to help clients build, manage, and protect their business interests. Ready to start your analytics journey? Talk to our analytics experts right away!
Three Ways Data and Analytics Can Help Build Smart Cities:
- Transportation Management: IoT enabled sensors and networks that use cloud-based architecture and big data offer real-time traffic support, help monitor driver’s behavior, and decrease the number of road accidents. Smart transportation management also enables drivers to locate the nearest available parking slot and receive notifications through a mobile interface
- Smart Burglar Alarms: When it comes to monitoring crime rates, predictive analytics plays a crucial role in alerting local authorities police departments about the crimes in real-time by leveraging big data and location history. Also, data and analytics acts as a key enabler to ensure smart security and create safer cities through insights gained from various data streams.
- Smart Grids: Smart grids offer two-way communication that is made possible using advanced technologies, control systems, and computer processing. These technologies leverage sensor data to analyze grid stability, detect faults, report power outages, and help store excess energy.
Analyzing the huge volumes of data puts tremendous pressure on the data architecture of your enterprise. Book a FREE solution demo to learn how our big data analytics services can help you address the changing needs of enterprise data processing.
Articles from Our Expert Series:
- Marketing Analytics Solutions for the Retail Industry
- How Visual Merchandising Can Boost Pharmacy Sales
- Q&A: Why Canadian Retailers Can’t Afford to Ignore Retail Analytics
Would you like to learn more about the business benefits of data and analytics? Request more information now!
Read the complete article here: http://bit.ly/2CWe0ox
Quantzig is a global analytics and advisory firm with offices in the US, UK, Canada, China, and India. For more than 15 years, we have assisted our clients across the globe with end-to-end data modeling capabilities to leverage analytics for prudent decision making. Today, our firm consists of 120+ clients, including 45 Fortune 500 companies. For more information on our engagement policies and pricing plans, visit: https://www.quantzig.com/request-for-proposal