JACKSONVILLE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Southeastern Grocers, Inc. (SEG), the parent company and home of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, will donate 7,850 frozen turkeys to communities throughout the Southeast to help feed the one in eight people who will struggle with hunger this Thanksgiving holiday.
The donation will provide approximately 117,750 pounds of turkey and millions of vital meals to hungry families throughout the BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie footprints. Given the increasing need in the communities it serves, Southeastern Grocers has committed nearly triple the amount of donated turkeys compared to last year.
In partnership with passionate community leaders and non-profit organizations, 19 turkey donation events will be held in the following cities to distribute donations:
- Tampa, Florida: Serving With Thanks on Nov. 16
- Jacksonville, Florida: USO on Nov. 19
- Hialeah, Florida: City of Hialeah Turkey Trot on Nov. 19
- Albany, Georgia: Albany Housing Authority and Feeding The Valley on Nov. 19
- Panama City, Florida: Bay County Schools on Nov. 20
- Lexington, South Carolina: Serve & Connect on Nov. 21
- Mobile, Alabama: Feeding The Gulf Coast and Mr. Heron Baptist Church on Nov. 21
- Miami, Florida: City of Miami and Miami League of Cities on Nov. 22
- Lauderhill, Florida: Dare To Care on Nov. 23
- Biloxi, Mississippi: Feeding The Gulf Coast and First Baptist Church of Biloxi on Nov. 23
- Columbia, South Carolina: Serve & Connect on Nov. 24
- Jacksonville, Florida: Jacksonville Jaguars’ Dede Westbrook and Feeding Northeast Florida on Nov. 25
- New Orleans, Louisiana: New Orleans Saints’ Alvin Kamara on Nov. 25
- New Orleans, Louisiana: City of New Orleans and Beacon Light International Baptist Cathedral on Nov. 26
- Statesboro, Georgia: Feed The Boro on Nov. 28
Elizabeth Thompson, EVP and Chief People Officer of Southeastern Grocers, said, “At Southeastern Grocers, we are committed to helping the millions of families who struggle with food insecurity. This year, we have already donated more than 15.2 million pounds of food in the fight against hunger and we are not stopping. This Thanksgiving, we are tripling our Thanksgiving turkey donations to provide more than 98,000 meals on Thanksgiving Day to families in need across the Southeast. We hope that this donation will bring millions of people together to celebrate this special day with loved ones.”
Southeastern Grocers will also offer incredible deals on Thanksgiving turkeys, hams and holiday meal essentials. Leading up to the holiday, BI-LO, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie stores will offer a Price Match Promise to match any locally advertised Grade A Frozen Turkey price.1 This savings will allow customers to spend more time with family and less time shopping for their grocery essentials.
In addition, now through Nov. 26, all BI-LO, Fresco y Más and Harveys Supermarket pharmacy customers can also receive a FREE Honeysuckle Frozen Turkey when they receive a no-cost2 flu shot at any in-store pharmacy with a qualified grocery purchase of $30 or more, while supplies last. From Nov. 20-26, all Winn-Dixie in-store pharmacies will offer a similar deal for a free Honeysuckle Frozen Turkey to customers who receive a no-cost2 flu shot.
All BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie stores will open at their normal hours and close at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. In-store pharmacies will be closed during the holiday.
About Southeastern Grocers
Southeastern Grocers, Inc. (SEG), parent company and home of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is one of the largest conventional supermarket companies in the U.S. SEG grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies serve communities throughout the seven southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina. BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie are well-known and well-respected regional brands with deep heritages, strong neighborhood ties, proud histories of giving back, talented and caring associates and strong commitments to providing the best possible quality and value to customers. For more information, visit www.bi-lo.com, www.frescoymas.com, www.harveyssupermarkets.com and www.winndixie.com.
1 Must provide valid local competitor ad, limit two, price valid with rewards.
2 With most insurance plans, see pharmacy for details.