WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, AmerisourceBergen, a global healthcare solutions leader, concluded its annual two-day manufacturer summit ThinkLive 2019. The conference assembled nearly 400 leading pharmaceutical manufacturers and AmerisourceBergen executives to collaborate and share perspectives on embracing innovation, driving patient access and supporting biosimilars and other novel therapies.
“At AmerisourceBergen, we recognize the significant role we play as the connector of those creating our world’s medicines and the caregivers of patients. We believe it is our responsibility to continue developing solutions that advance the healthcare supply chain and allow manufacturers, providers and patients to thrive today and in the future,” said Robert Mauch, Executive Vice President and Group President of AmerisourceBergen. “We are constantly implementing new, dynamic programs to meet the needs of our manufacturer partners and our provider customers, as one unified and connected organization.”
The conference provided attendees a comprehensive look at AmerisourceBergen’s latest tech-enabled solutions in its Innovation & Technology Showcase. The company also shared details on its integrated commercialization approach and recent investments to help manufacturers, providers and patients navigate the evolving specialty pharmaceutical landscape. AmerisourceBergen leadership engaged attendees in discussions around the current policy landscape and the company’s advocacy efforts. Several panel discussions focused on AmerisourceBergen’s dedication to investing across all points of the healthcare ecosystem in order to enhance patient access and outcomes.
At ThinkLive, AmerisourceBergen also shared the results of its latest survey: Biosimilars Check-Up: Physician Perspectives on Biosimilar Adoption. The research explores physicians’ current knowledge of and attitudes toward biosimilars on topics ranging from adoption to cost. The research was designed and shared to help manufacturers understand the important role physicians play in the future success of biosimilars and how they, with an integrated distribution partner, can work with downstream customers to ensure greater biosimilar success.
Critical insights from the Biosimilar Check-Up survey, include:
- Physicians’ number one priority in adopting biosimilars is cost savings for patients, followed by savings to the overall healthcare system.
- Only half (51%) of physicians said they completely understand biosimilarity, and somewhat fewer (36-50%) have some understanding of issues like biosimilarity, the approval process, currently approved biosimilars and indications, and the biosimilar pipeline in the United States.
- For a full view and to download a copy of the survey results visit www.amerisourcebergen.com.
AmerisourceBergen also recognized three manufacturers for their work in advancing pharmaceutical and patient care during the conference:
- Creating Healthier Futures Award: Brand & Specialty was presented to Pfizer for patient-minded innovation in oral oncolytics, ultra-orphan and biosimilar drugs
- Creating Healthier Futures Award: Generics was presented to Prasco for investing in communities and their focus on enhancing patient care
- Creating Healthier Futures Award: Consumer was presented to LifeScan for their patient-first approach and investment in customer education
ThinkLive is AmerisourceBergen’s annual conference focused on providing pharmaceutical manufacturers with innovative, forward-looking and patient-centric solutions to help maximize success at every stage of the product life cycle.
AmerisourceBergen provides pharmaceutical products, value-driving services, and business solutions that improve access to care. Tens of thousands of healthcare providers, veterinary practices and livestock producers trust us as their partner in the pharmaceutical supply chain. Global manufacturers depend on us for services that drive commercial success for their products. Through our daily work—and powered by our 21,000 associates—we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. AmerisourceBergen is ranked #10 on the Fortune 500, with more than $160 billion in annual revenue. The company is headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa. and has a presence in 50+ countries. Learn more at amerisourcebergen.com.