CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading multimedia resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to offer the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit™ on Lung Cancer Thursday, Oct. 17, from 5-9 p.m. at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront in Illinois. The chair for the summit will be Jyoti D. Patel, M.D., professor of medicine and director of thoracic oncology at University of Chicago Medicine.
This interactive and educational meeting will analyze and discuss novel treatments for patients with lung cancer. The expert presenters will explore a wide variety of informative topics surrounding lung cancer, such as pathologic considerations in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC); the role of liquid biopsy/tissue testing; the new standard of care for stage 3 NSCLC; new immunotherapy combinations in stage 4 nonsquamous NSCLC; updates in immunotherapy in stage 4 squamous NSCLC, EGFR-positive NSCLC, ALK-positive and ROS1 NSCLC; targetable biomarkers in NSCLC; and updates in the management of small cell lung cancer. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange and address audience questions.
The presenters for the summit include the following experts:
- Christine Bestvina, M.D., assistant professor of medicine and thoracic oncologist, University of Chicago Medicine.
- Young Kwang Chae, M.D., MPH, MBA, associate professor of medicine, Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Lawrence Feldman, M.D., professor of clinical medicine, University of Illinois Cancer Center.
- Mary Jo J. Fidler, M.D., associate professor, department of internal medicine, Rush University Medical Center.
- Nisha A. Mohindra, M.D., assistant professor of medicine, Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Jeremy Segal, M.D., associate professor of pathology, University of Chicago Medicine.
- Everett E. Vokes, M.D., John E. Ultmann professor of medicine and radiation oncology, physician-in-chief and chair of the department of medicine, University of Chicago Medicine.
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is a brand of MJH Life Sciences™, the largest privately held, independent, full-service medical media company in the U.S. dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.