DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Viral Vector and Plasmid DNA: Technologies and Global Markets" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report provides a comprehensive summary of the viral vector and plasmid DNA technologies market, along with detailed profiles of key market players that includes revenue product portfolio and recent activities. The report analyzes trends and dynamics, including drivers, limitations and challenges and opportunities. The report discusses strategies adopted by emerging market players with recommendations for the new market entrants.
This research study discusses the historical, current, and potential market size. The report will enable market players and new entrants to make informed decisions about the production and exports of the goods and services to the original equipment manufacturer. Organizations, distributors, and exporters should find information about market development and trends useful.
The study segments the market on the basis of product type, applications, and end-use. Geographical market analysis is provided for all the major segments. The report offers a country-level analysis of markets to provide a better understanding of the major segments.
The report includes:
- 44 data tables and 14 additional tables
- An in-depth assessment of the global viral vector and plasmid DNA technologies market within the life sciences sectors
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- The latest information on key technical advances in different viral vector and plasmid DNA technologies, and the extent of adoption by commercial customers and regulatory authorities
- A proprietary analysis of the market including an easy-to-understand graphical representation of facts, innovations in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and R&D activities in viral vector-based treatments and Plasmid DNA vaccines
- Key strategies adopted by major players in the market and the impact of new technological developments in developed and emerging markets
- Assessment of the suppliers' landscape on the basis of companies best positioned to meet this ever-evolving demand
- Comprehensive company profiles of market-leading players, including Aldevron LLC, Merck KGaA, Lonza Group Ltd., GenScript Biotech Corp., Pfizer Inc., and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Delivery of foreign DNA using viral vectors has flaws, particularly when attempts are made to apply the technology to gene therapy. However, as researchers learn more about viral vectors and their impact on human immune response, advancements in safe and effective viral-based treatments continue.
Meanwhile, the refinement of viral-mediated gene delivery protocols proceeds, providing a convenient, flexible, and reproducible system for in vitro transfection studies. Plasmid DNA vaccines offer speed, simplicity, and breadth of immune response by overcoming the issues regarding effectiveness and safety of therapy during treatment. Innovative plasmid DNA vaccines can be useful for the immunization of humans against infectious diseases and cancers.
The global viral vector and plasmid DNA technologies market's projected growth stems from factors such as the rising prevalence of various diseases such as cancer, infectious diseases, and other genetic disorders, the growing trend toward gene therapy owing to their promising clinical results, and increasing partnerships and collaborations between companies and research institutes in gene therapy.
The rising incidence and prevalence rate of cancer is considered a key factor in the growth of the global viral vector and plasmid DNA technologies market. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), cancer is the second-leading cause of mortality in the world, responsible for 9.6 million deaths and accounting for 18.1 million new cases in 2018. Consequently, there is significant demand for cancer therapeutics based on innovative technologies such as viral vectors and plasmid DNA.
Viral vectors are being researched for applications in cancer therapies and to support the delivery of genetic information to a tumor, which will permit the development of therapeutic proteins. The process typically involves introducing DNA into a cell (transfection), which encodes for a protein and other important genetic elements needed for the introduction of the gene of interest expression that facilitates successful production of protein.
Some approved gene therapies, like Kymriah for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and large B cell lymphoma, have induced market players to research and develop gene therapy for cancer treatment. However, regulatory challenges, vector characterization, and QC testing, and manufacturing challenges have restrained growth in the global viral vector and plasmid DNA technologies market.
The global viral vector and plasmid DNA technologies market was segmented based on the product, application, and end-user. Based on the product, the global viral vector and plasmid DNA technologies market further is analyzed into plasmid DNA and viral vectors. The viral vector is the most operative resource of gene transfer to modify specific cell type or tissue and can be manipulated to express therapeutic genes.
Various types of viruses include adenoviruses, retroviruses (?-retroviruses and lentiviruses), poxviruses, AAV, baculoviruses, and HSV. These viruses are under investigation as applications to deliver genes to cells for either transient or permanent transgene expression. The rising applications of these viruses should boost the growth of the viral vector in gene therapy.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing this Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Gene Therapy
- Plasmid Production
- Description of Market Trends
- Market Dynamics
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Product Type
- Plasmid DNA
- Viral Vector
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by End User
- Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Companies
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Application
- Infectious Diseases
- Other Applications
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Latin America
Chapter 8 Patent Review/New Developments
- New Products and Technologies
- Patent Analysis
Chapter 9 Analysis of Market Opportunities
- Key Suppliers and Manufacturers: Positioning and Strategy
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- GenScript Biotech Corp.
- Pfizer Inc.
- R&D Programs
- Pipeline Analysis
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- Abeona Therapeutics Inc.
- Akron Biotech
- Aldevron, Llc
- Amarna Therapeutics B.V.
- Applied Biological Materials Inc.
- Audentes Therapeutics Inc.
- Batavia Biosciences B.V.
- Bayer Ag
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Biontech Imfs Gmbh
- Bluebird Bio Inc.
- Cellecta Inc.
- Cobra Biologics Ltd.
- Crispr Therapeutics Ag
- Delphi Genetics S.A.
- Finvector Vision Therapies Oy
- Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies Inc.
- Genscript Biotech Corp.
- Genezen Laboratories
- General Electric Co.
- Immusoft Corp.
- Lakepharma Inc.
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Lysogene Sa
- Maxcyte Inc.
- Merck Kgaa
- Novartis International Ag
- Novasep Holding Sas
- Orchard Therapeutics Plc
- Origene Technologies Inc.
- Oxford Biomedica Plc
- Oxford Genetics Ltd.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Plasmidfactory Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Poseida Therapeutics Inc.
- Promega Corp.
- Psioxus Therapeutics Ltd.
- Regenxbio Inc.
- Repligen Corp.
- Rocket Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.
- Sangamo Therapeutics Inc.
- Sirion-Biotech Gmbh
- Signagen Laboratories
- Spark Therapeutics Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Uniqure N.V.
- Vgxi Inc.
- Vigene Biosciences Inc.
- Waisman Biomanufacturing
- Yposkesi Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mfvtpg