MIAMI & DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits (“Southern Glazer’s”) — the world's pre-eminent distributor of beverage alcohol — today announced that it is celebrating its twelfth consecutive year as host of the Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One (NYCWFF), a star-studded, four-day gourmet gathering benefiting the hunger-relief organizations Food Bank For New York City and No Kid Hungry®. As the host, Southern Glazer’s is the exclusive provider of wine and spirits for the festival, which was designed with a mission to EAT. DRINK. END HUNGER.
“More than a decade since its inception, the Festival continues to connect tens of thousands of wine, spirits, and food enthusiasts from around the world to support No Kid Hungry and Food Bank For New York City in the fight against hunger,” said Lee Brian Schrager, SVP of Communications & Corporate Social Responsibility for Southern Glazer’s, and Founder and Director of NYCWFF and its sister festival in Florida. “Thanks to our outstanding participating wine and spirits suppliers, we are able to cater to every guest—from the wine lover to the craft cocktail aficionado. Attendees can sip on their favorite drink while making a meaningful social impact in the process.”
NYCWFF has raised more than $12 million to date in support of the fight to end hunger. Between NYCWFF and its sister festival, the Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One (SOBEWFF®), more than $42 million has been raised to benefit the respective charities of each festival.
NYCWFF features more than 80 events for every taste and budget, including vibrant entertainment experiences, fan-favorite tastings, master classes and intimate dinners. In addition to NYCWFF signature events like Beverage Media presents Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits Trade Tasting hosted by Wine Spectator and Grand Tasting presented by ShopRite featuring Culinary Demonstrations at The IKEA Kitchen presented by Capital One®, this year’s festival will feature several cocktail-forward events such as:
- Cocktail Master Class with Broken Shaker presented by BACARDÍ: New to the festival, this sold-out master class covers eclectic cocktails with masters of innovative mixology, Gabriel Orta and Elad Zvi of James Beard award-nominated Broken Shaker (October 11, from 6 – 8 p.m.)
- Aperitivo presented by Fratelli Beretta hosted by Katie Lee sponsored by Liquor.com: The ultimate Italian-inspired cocktail hour with cookbook author and Food Network host Katie Lee (October 11, from 6 – 8 p.m.)
- Tequila Cazadores Tacos After Dark presented by Toyota hosted by Rick Bayless: Seven-time James Beard Award Winner, owner of the iconic Frontera Grill and Mexican cooking pioneer Rick Bayless hosts a non-stop, late-night fiesta, featuring endless tequila cocktail creations (October 11, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.)
- Barilla's Drag Brunch hosted by Debi Mazar and Patricia Field: Kicked-up cocktails, creative brunch fare and entertaining performances from drag queen superstars, all hosted by Debi Mazar, acclaimed actress and host of Extra Virgin on Cooking Channel, and Patricia Field, noted costume designer of Sex and the City (October 12, from noon – 2 p.m.)
- Rocktails hosted by Robert Irvine: Sip on some of New York’s trendiest and tastiest cocktails from local mixologists and indulge in perfectly paired late-night eats with chef, cookbook author and entrepreneur Robert Irvine during this exciting new addition to the festival lineup, complete with a classic rock cover band (October 12, from 8 – 10 p.m.)
- Tiki Showdown presented by BACARDÍ Rums hosted by Anne Burrell: This event promises tiki-inspired cocktails, delicious tropical bites, beer and wine with Food Network personality and bestselling cookbook author Anne Burrell (October 12, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.)
- Rooftop Rosé presented by Mohegan Sun hosted by Valerie Bertinelli: This rooftop cocktail party features rosé sips and delicious snacks with host of Food Network’s Valerie’s Home Cooking and co-host of Kids Baking Championship, Valerie Bertinelli. (October 13, from 3 – 5 p.m.)
For tickets and a full list of events, visit nycwff.org, or call 800-764-8773. Check out all the post-worthy cocktails at NYCWFF by following Southern Glazer’s on Instagram (@sgwinespirits) and Twitter, as well as Facebook at Facebook.com/SouthernGlazers.
About Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is the world’s pre-eminent distributor of beverage alcohol, and proud to be a multi-generational, family-owned company. The Company has operations in 44 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, Canada, and the Caribbean, and employs more than 20,000 team members. Southern Glazer’s urges all retail customers and adult consumers to market, sell, serve, and enjoy its products responsibly. For more information visit www.southernglazers.com. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @sgwinespirits and on Facebook at Facebook.com/SouthernGlazers.