HSINCHU, Taiwan--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vertexcom Technologies, a world-class fabless semiconductor company delivering smart grid and IoT communication solutions, has expanded its VC7300 Wi-SUN FAN networking scale, reliability and scalability to meet the needs of smart grid and IoT market. A mesh network with more than 1000 nodes has been deployed in Vertexcom office areas and successfully demonstrated very short network forming time, self-adaptive capability, robust data collection and reliable remote firmware upgrade.
Vertexcom promotes its Wi-SUN wireless communication solution, VC7300, in the smart medical field. Jtron takes the lead in adopting the VC7300 series in its i-EQM (Intelligent Cloud-based Environment Quality Management System) intelligent cloud environment quality management system, which combines Wi-SUN wireless transmission technology, cloud technology and IoT system to sense and integrate various environmental data of hospitals, such as temperature and humidity, and analyze them, which can effectively reduce the workload of medical staff and assist hospitals in real-time monitoring. Yihmin Lin, General Manager of Jtron, said, “We are very pleased to cooperate with Vertexcom. Its comprehensive IoT platform enables us to quickly integrate proven and reliable wireless connectivity technology into smart medical IoT products, enabling Jtron to focus on product design and development without worrying about the reliability of network connections."
Dr. HH Li, President of Vertexcom Technologies, said that the main technical breakthrough of the VC7300 series is that it can transmit over long distances and it has a strict information security protection mechanism. From the cloud to the terminal, there are five levels of military-grade security mechanisms. In addition, the VC7300 series consumes less than 2.5uA in sleep mode. When integrated into the design of IoT, battery life can be up to 10 years.
Key features and benefits of Vertexcom VC7300 series include:
- Long range and distance - Single-hop end-to-end transmission distance is greater than 2km (data rate 50kbps); Multi-hop network transmission distance is greater than 10km (data rate can be up to 300kbps).
- Scalability and mobility - IPv6/ 6LowPAN enhances the scalability and mobility of sensor networks.
- Robust security - 5-level military-grade security mechanism from cloud to end
- Remote firmware upgrade – Bi-directional communication
- Self-forming/ healing network – More than 1000 nodes mesh network with self-adaptive topology
- Interference tolerance – Channel hopping, excellent selectivity performance being highly resistant to desensitizing interferers.
- Carrier offset tolerance – Very stable performance over large carrier frequency drift.
- Certification and interoperability – Wi-SUN FAN
- Low latency/ fast response – Less than 20ms latency for Sub-GHz RF
- Power saving – Less than 2.5uA (VC7300A) of power consumption in sleep mode, extends battery life up to 10 years in IoT designs.
Vertexcom’s VC7300 portfolio includes wide sub-GHz frequency range from 300 – 960 MHz, built-in dual power amplifiers of +13 and +20dBM for different regions and markets, ultra-low power consumption of 2.5uA (VC7300A) sleep mode for smart grid and battery-powered applications. VC7300 incorporates best in class sensitivity of -109dBm at 50kbps GFSK in weak signal environments; excellent selectivity of 48dB adjacent channel rejection and 75dB blocking performance at 10MHz offset with very stable performance over carrier frequency drift in strong signal environments. VC7300’s MCU comes with 256KB RAM and up to 2MB Flash for fulfilling large mesh network needs. Complete Wi-SUN mesh network software and reference design are supported upon turnkey solution request.
About Vertexcom Technologies
Vertexcom Technologies, founded in 2017, is a fabless IC design company delivering IoT and smart grid communication ICs. Vertexcom provides cost effective PLC + Wi-SUN dual mesh SoCs for applications in smart grid, smart city and smart home markets. www.vertexcom.com
Founded in May 2004, Jtron is the expert of semiconductor testing and smart medical device integration solution provider. Jtron provides semiconductor test solution as the core and provides consulting and technical services for ATE manufacturers and wafer testing factories. https://www.jtron-tech.com/