SAN ANTONIO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--San Antonio, Texas served as the backdrop for HomeServe’s 4th Annual Contractor Conference where the leading provider of home repair solutions brought together 62 of the leading contractors in its nationwide network. The conference serves as an educational and networking opportunity where attendees hear from the company’s leaders about growth plans, new products and services, and technology enhancements designed to improve the customer experience.
HomeServe also introduced attendees to its updated corporate social responsibility program, the HomeServe Cares Foundation. Launched in April 2019, the Foundation’s Caring for People pillar provides free emergency repairs for non-HomeServe customers in need throughout the country. Those jobs are often completed by members of HomeServe’s contractor network.
“Bringing together HomeServe’s leading heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical contractors from across the U.S. enables us to strengthen our ties to the professionals who help us be successful. We couldn’t do what we do without them – and we wouldn’t want to,” commented John Kitzie, CEO of HomeServe North America. “We have exciting growth ahead of us, so having our contractor network working alongside us, especially the group at our Contractor Conference, ensures we’ll always be able to put the customer at the heart of everything we do.”
During the conference, HomeServe presented several awards to recognize the top contractors in the company’s network. The contractors were evaluated against a number of criteria for the Top Contractor Awards, including performance metrics, score cards, and customer feedback. The winners were:
- Diamond Award: BP Electric, Lexington, Ohio. The recipient of this award truly embodies HomeServe’s values of service excellence and customer satisfaction and are a proven industry leader who consistently upholds and delivers high quality performance.
- National Winner for Customer Service: Suffolk Plumbing, Lindenhurst, New York
- National Winner for Service Delivery: Stott Plumbing Heating & Air, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Best Use of Technology Award: R.B. Travis, Livermore, California
- Newcomer Award: Best Care Home Services, Memphis, Tennessee. This award honors the contractor who joined the HomeServe network in the last year and has already proven to be a top performer.
Customer Service Awards were presented to the top contractor in each region who most consistently provided timely and professional service to customers. The winners were:
- Northeast – Suffolk Plumbing, Lindenhurst, New York
- Mid-Atlantic – Omega Electric, Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
- Southeast – Celey's Quality Services, Benson, North Carolina
- South Central - Houdini's Plumbing, Stafford, Texas
- Northern states and Canada - Absolute Comfort, Minot, North Dakota
- Southwest – Barney Jordan Plumbing, Stockton, California
- Great Lakes – Climate Pros Heating and Cooling, Chesterfield, Michigan
Service Delivery Awards were awarded to the contractor in each region who consistently demonstrated exceptional service delivery though solid business practices. The winners were:
- Northeast – GT Plumbing & Heating, Flushing, New York
- Mid-Atlantic – Total Plumbing & Drain Cleaning, Warminster, Pennsylvania
- Southeast – K&S Plumbing Services, Pelham, Alabama
- South Central - K Jett Services, Belton Missouri
- Northern States and Canada - Torgerson Excavating, Des Moines, Iowa
- Southwest – Stott Plumbing Heating & Air, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Great Lakes – Mayes & Sons Plumbing, Garrettsville, Ohio
“We’re now in our fourth year of hosting this conference to not only recognize these companies for their exceptional work, but to thank them and their employees for sharing HomeServe’s values,” said Sylvester Criscone, HomeServe’s Vice President, Contractor Management and Administration. “When our contractors go to our customers’ homes, they are the face of HomeServe as well as our municipal and city partners. And we trust them to wear that banner, work hard on our behalf, and keep our customers at the heart of everything they do.”
HomeServe’s 4th Annual Contractor Conference was sponsored by Service Bench, PlusOne Solutions, and Home Depot. Featured guests included Kathryn Fulton and Nathan Gilbert from the This Old House – Generation NEXT Program, who shared ways contractors can use social media and digital platforms to attract and retain younger people to the skilled trades. Author and motivational speaker Vicki Hitzges closed out the conference by offering tips and insights on how contractors can offer an unparalleled customer experience.
About HomeServe USA Corp.:
HomeServe USA Corp. (HomeServe) is a leading provider of home repair solutions serving more than 4 million customers across the US and Canada under the HomeServe, Home Emergency Insurance Solutions, Service Line Warranties of America (SLWA) and Service Line Warranties of Canada (SLWC) names.
Since 2003, HomeServe has been protecting homeowners against the expense and inconvenience of water, sewer, electrical, HVAC and other home repair emergencies by providing affordable repair coverage, installations and quality local service. As an A+ rated Better Business Bureau Accredited Business, HomeServe is dedicated to being a customer-focused company supplying best-in-class repair plans and other services to consumers directly and through over 700 leading municipal, utility and association partners.
HomeServe is teamed up with television personality and author Mike Rowe, best known as the creator and host of the series “Dirty Jobs,” and is a sponsor of This Old House on PBS, working together to provide homeowners expert advice on maintaining, enhancing and protecting their homes. For more information about HomeServe, a Connecticut Top Workplace winner and recipient of thirty-three 2019 Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service, or to learn more about HomeServe's affordable repair plans, please go to www.homeserve.com. Connect with HomeServe on Facebook and Twitter @HomeServeUSA. For news and information follow on Twitter @HomeServeUSNews.