WOBURN, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Monotype (Nasdaq: TYPE) today announced the Type Champions Awards, a program that will recognize and celebrate the brands that are committed to design and typography excellence. Winning brands will be selected by a panel of global branding experts and will demonstrate a focus on type in building brand messages, marketing and advertising efforts and overall customer experience.
Judges for the 2019 Type Champions Award include:
- Perrin Drumm, Founder and Director, AIGA Eye on Design
- Brian Collins, Chief Creative Officer and Founder, COLLINS
- Chris Do, Founder, The Futur
- Andy Payne, Global Chief Creative Officer, Interbrand
- Mohamed Gaber, Founder, Kief Type Foundry
- Patrick Märki, Managing Director, KMS Team
- Rodney Abbot, Senior Partner, Lippincott
- James Fooks-Bale, Creative Director, Monotype
- Charles Nix, Type Director, Monotype
- Brett Zucker, Chief Marketing Officer, Monotype
- Abbott Miller, Partner, Pentagram
- Josh Miles, Chief Marketing Officer of SMPS and Host of Obsessed Show
- Kirsten Dietz, Founder and Partner, Strichpunkt Design
- Alejandro Paul, Type Designer and Founder, Sudtipos
- Leta Sobierajski, Partner, Wade and Leta
- Wade Jeffree, Owner, Wade and Leta
“Type plays a critical role in brand identity, and some brands are using type in their creative campaigns in a way that stands out as strategic, thought-provoking and innovative,” said James Fooks-Bale. “This award program will recognize the companies that use type to stand out among their peers, and create authentic, consistent and relevant brand identities.”
Brands and agencies interested in submitting campaigns for consideration can learn more about the judging process and complete their nominations here. The deadline to submit nomination is Tuesday, October 8, 2019.
Winners will be announced at Adobe MAX, taking place November 4-6, 2019, in Los Angeles. Visit the Monotype booth (#801), or visit AIGA Eye on Design, the official media sponsor of the Type Champions Award program, to learn more about the winners.
To join the conversation about the Type Champion Award program, search #TypeChampions2019 on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Monotype empowers creative minds to build and express authentic brands through design, technology and expertise. Further information is available at www.monotype.com. Follow Monotype on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Monotype is a trademark of Monotype Imaging Inc. registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be registered in certain other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2019 Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc. All rights reserved.