LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Humana Pharmacy, a division of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), has been named the top U.S. Mail Order Pharmacy in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power 2019 U.S. Pharmacy Study, two years in a row.
The study measures customer satisfaction with their pharmacy experience across major Chain Drug Stores, Mass Merchandisers, Supermarkets and Mail Order pharmacies on a 1,000 point scale. Humana Pharmacy’s score of 900 this year was the highest among Mail Order pharmacies.
Humana Pharmacy received the highest scores in three study factors: prescription ordering and filling process, cost competitiveness and prescription delivery.
Humana Pharmacy is continually improving capabilities to create a better experience for the customers they serve. With state-of the art technology and more ways to access expert care, they are making it easier to help customers achieve their best health. Recent capability enhancements include:
- Digital tools: Humana Pharmacy introduced enhanced web features on HumanaPharmacy.com to make it easy for customers to get the help they need online. The web chat feature allows customers to have a full self-service experience online, including the ability to chat directly with a pharmacist.
Customer service experience: Humana Pharmacy strives to provide a more personalized consumer experience for call-in customers, too. Now, when customers call in, their experience will include:
improved routing that makes it easier and faster to connect with the appropriate team member,
notice of estimated wait times at the beginning of every call, and
- artificial intelligence software that monitors employee speech patterns in real time to let them know when they may be speaking too fast/slow or have long moments of silence.
- improved routing that makes it easier and faster to connect with the appropriate team member,
- Enhanced mail delivery capabilities for specialty medications: Humana Pharmacy partnered with ParcelShield to ensure the safe and secure arrival of specialty medications. By utilizing ParcelShield’s platform, Humana Pharmacy’s specialty dispensing team can proactively detect when there might be a problem with a package delivery – such as weather and air travel issues – in order to prevent delays in customers getting their therapy.
- Clinical Programs: Humana Pharmacy continues to expand their clinical outreach. Programs that promote taking medication as prescribed, reviewing medications to identify potential drug interactions, and helping reduce medication costs by recommending lower cost options all help customers take control of their health on their terms. Outreach programs allow licensed pharmacists to use their expertise to help patients with more than dispensing pills. They can assist with things like managing side effects or being an “out-of-pocket ally” when customers are struggling to afford their medications.
“At Humana Pharmacy, we want to do more than just fill prescriptions. We strive to provide expert care and cost-effective options to help our customers get to their best health,” said Scott Greenwell, President, Humana Pharmacy. “Our team –whether it’s leaders, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, customer service team members or clerks – is continually putting the customer first.”
Greenwell added, “From our first fill experience to providing clinical support to help members stay adherent to their critical medication regimens to our state of the art dispensing capabilities, our number one priority is to provide the highest level of customer service to our Humana Pharmacy consumers. Receiving the highest rank in J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction with Mail Order pharmacies, two years in a row, shows that our customers recognize the quality of care and support we provide to them.”
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions – combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information