DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "5G Market in Aviation by End Use (5G Infrastructure for Aircraft and Airport), Technology (eMBB, FWA, URLLC/MMTC), Communication Infrastructure (Small Cell, DAS), 5G Services, Region - Global Forecast to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
5G Market in Aviation is Projected to Grow from USD 0.5 Billion in 2021 to USD 3.9 Billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 52.7% During the Forecast Period
Increasing demand for predictive and condition-based maintenance through data shared by connected aircraft across the globe is driving the market growth.
The market is driven by factors such as an increase in the demand for predictive, prescriptive, and condition-based maintenance through data shared by connected aircraft, growing demand for a better flight experience and the need for fast internet connectivity in aircraft & airports. However, huge investments involved in the development of 5G infrastructure is limiting the overall growth of the market.
Companies such as SK Telecom, Samsung, KT Corporation, and LG Corporation are extensively conducting R&D and field trials on 5G and in partnership with each other as well as other technology giants such as Huawei, Intel, Verizon, and Ericsson.
- Growing Demand for A Better Flight Experience
- Need for Fast Internet Connectivity
- Use of 5G in IoT
- Deployment of Flying Taxis and Delivery Drones
- Increasing Focus on Smart Cabins
- Technology Limitations to Support Consistent High-Speed Connections
- Difficulty in Sharing Spectrum Bands
- Huge Investment Involved in Developing 5G Infrastructure
- Aeromobile Communications
- AT & T
- Cisco Systems
- Deutsche Telekom
- Global Eagle Entertainment
- Inseego Corp.
- Panasonic Avionics Corporation
- Smartsky Networks
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/z1m3q7