All three of South Korea's mobile operators - KT, SK Telecom and LG Uplus - have introduced the first national wide 5G consumer service in the world, in April 2019. Impressively, more than one million people have subscribed to 5G mobile contracts in less than three months. This rate has outpaced the country's adoption rate of 4G.
This report gives an overall view of 5G commercial in South Korea and responds to the following questions :
- How South Korea became the first country to launch 5G?
- What is the 5G deployment pattern of the Korean operators?
- What are the key drivers that led 5G a surge demand?
- How 5G will reach South Korean verticals?
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- How South Korea became the first country to launch 5G
- 5G deployment patterns in South Korea
- The key drivers of 5G in South Korea
- How 5G will reach South Korean verticals
List of tables and figures
1. Executive summary
- Key 5G data
2. How South Korea became the first country to launch 5G
- 5G services deployments
3. 5G deployment patterns in South Korea
- 5G architectures by KT and SK Telecom
- Operator investment plans for 5G base stations, 2019 - 2023
- Construction plans and number of 5G base stations, 2019 - 2023
- 5G Telco coverage, compared by the provider
- 5G and LTE network coverage, compared
4. The key drivers of 5G in South Korea
- 5G subscription trends
- The three key levers of subscriber uptake
- Available 5G smartphone models
- Price/subsidies compared for 5G and LTE smartphones
- 5G plans
- Additional services specified for 5G
- LG Uplus
- SK Telecom
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/55h07b