CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading digital resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to deliver the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit™ on ovarian cancer Wednesday, May 15, from 5-9 p.m. at The Langham Huntington in Pasadena, California. The summit will be co-chaired by Dr. Mihaela C. Cristea, medical oncologist, associate clinical professor, department of medical oncology & therapeutics research, City of Hope, and Dr. Ernest S. Han, gynecologic oncology surgeon, assistant clinical professor, division of gynecologic oncology, department of surgery, City of Hope.
This interactive and educational meeting will discuss novel treatments for patients with ovarian cancer. Expert presenters will delve into informative topics facing ovarian cancer specialists, oncologists, nurses and other medical professionals, such as molecular testing in ovarian cancer, surgical options in newly diagnosed ovarian cancer, up-front medical therapy of newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer, frontline maintenance therapy in advanced ovarian cancer, immunotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer and PARP inhibitors for recurrent ovarian cancer. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange and address audience questions.
Presenters for the summit include the following experts:
- Dr. Thanh H. Dellinger, gynecologic oncology surgeon and assistant professor, division of gynecologic oncology, department of surgery, City of Hope
- Dr. Gottfried E. Konecny, lead clinician for gynecologic oncology, department of medicine, University of California Los Angeles Health
- Dr. Byrne Lee, surgical oncologist; associate clinical professor, division of surgical oncology, department of surgery; and chief, upper GI and mixed tumor surgery service, City of Hope
- Dr. Stephen J. Lee, gynecologic oncology surgeon and assistant clinical professor, division of gynecologic oncology, department of surgery, City of Hope
- Dr. Daphne B. Stewart, medical oncologist and associate clinical professor, department of medical oncology & therapeutics research, City of Hope
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive®, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at email@example.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for the MJH Associates, Inc., Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates, Inc., is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.