The U.S. weight loss market is now worth a record $72 billion, but the number of dieters has fallen, due to the growth of the size acceptance and body positivity movement.
Do-it-yourself plans still abound as consumers use free diet & fitness apps. Consumers are shunning processed foods and artificial ingredients, but frozen food makers have adjusted and sales are showing signs of growth. Commercial diet chains are posting strong growth. Many untapped niches still exist. Medically supervised diet programs and franchises have seen growth slow, as commercial chains outperformed them since 2017.
This is a completely revised and updated analysis of the best-selling biennial study about the $72 billion U.S. weight loss market. This is the most comprehensive investigation of the U.S. weight loss market published by anyone worldwide.
Covered dollar value & growth rates of all major weight loss market segments (early 1980s to 2018, 2019 and 2023 forecasts), latest market trends and developments, status reports for: diet soft drinks, artificial sweeteners, health clubs, commercial diet center chains, multi-level marketing diet plans, OTC meal replacements & diet pills, medical programs (weight loss surgery, MDs, hospitals/clinic programs, Rx diet drugs, bariatricians, VLCD programs), low-cal frozen entrees, and the diet books & exercise DVDs market.
New for this edition:
- 2018 results, 2019 & 2023 Forecasts
- Newly popular diets like Keto, intermittent fasting
- Leading competitor management interviews
- How the 2019 diet season is shaping up, 2018 market performance
- The Millennials dilemma - why they are the future customers, how to reach them
- Reasons for the strong growth of Weight Watchers and Medifast
- Why MLM has gained as a distribution model
- Why meal replacements are still booming, but not OTC diet pills
- Outlook for medical weight loss programs of all types, why they've lost momentum
- New Company Profiles: Profile by Sanford, Beach Body, Quick Weight Loss
Findings of the latest surveys by: U.S. Census Bureau, Nutrition
Business Journal, U.S. News, CDC, and more...
Also included: Top competitors ranking, 30-year revenue analysis of the market through past recessions and fad diet cycles, comprehensive dieter demographics, weight loss center franchising, and extensive national/state commercial centers' operating ratios. Rankings & revenues of top commercial chains, brand sales, and a Reference Directory.
Contains 38 in-depth updated competitor profiles for: Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, NutriSystem, Medifast, Herbalife, Visalis, Isagenix, Slim-Fast, Atkins Nutritionals, HMR, Optifast, Lindora Clinics, Slimgenics, Ideal Protein, Profile by Sanford, Beach Body, Quick Weight Loss, Curves, 24 Hour Fitness, Metabolic Research, Smart For Life, Medi-Weightloss, Centers for Medical Weight Loss, Nuviva, JumptStart MD, Dr. G's, and many more.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qm2gts/the_72_billion?w=4