BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT):
- Total revenue was $138.8 billion, an increase of $2.5 billion, or 1.9%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $140.5 billion, an increase of $4.2 billion, or 3.1%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales on a two-year stack of 6.8% is the strongest growth in 9 years.
- Walmart U.S. eCommerce continued to benefit from the expansion of grocery pickup and delivery and a broader assortment on Walmart.com.
- Sam’s Club comp sales increased 3.3%, and eCommerce sales grew 21%.
- Net sales at Walmart International were $32.3 billion, a decline of 2.3%. Excluding currency, net sales were $34.0 billion, an increase of 2.7%.
Adjusted EPS excludes the effects of two items:
- A charge of $0.17 due to an adjustment in the provisional amount related to Tax Reform
- An unrealized gain of $0.03 on the company’s equity investment in JD.com
Fiscal year 2019 highlights
- Total revenue was $514.4 billion, an increase of $14.1 billion, or 2.8%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $515.1 billion, an increase of $14.8 billion, or 3.0%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales increased 3.6%. Grocery pickup and delivery are available in more than 2,100 and nearly 800 locations, respectively.
- Walmart U.S. eCommerce sales increased 40%. Net Promoter Score and the company’s Customer Value Index continue to improve.
- The company generated $27.8 billion in operating cash flow and returned $13.5 billion to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases.
Adjusted EPS excludes the effects of three items:
- A charge of $1.54 related to the sale of a majority stake in Walmart Brazil
- An unrealized loss of $0.95 on the company’s equity investment in JD.com
- A charge of $0.16 due to an adjustment in the provisional amount related to Tax Reform
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, over 275 million customers and members visit our more than 11,300 stores under 58 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2019 revenue of $514.4 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.