TUSTIN, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Giving customers the latest tools to improve workflow and image quality, Canon Medical Systems is rolling out new enhancements to its Celesteion™ PET/CT system. The new software, which is available for new and existing Celesteion PET/CT systems, includes a wide range of new acquisition and reconstruction techniques, including:
New Acquisition Techniques:
- Variable Bed Time (vBT): Enables clinicians to adjust scan times and acquisition mode per bed position for optimal results, including faster exams
- PET Respiratory Gating: Incorporates Respiratory Gating into whole body PET scans to help avoid extra scans, reduce dose while improving patient experience and workflow efficiency
- PET ECG Gated Scanning: Offers clinicians the ability to perform PET ECG phase image reconstruction scans
New Reconstruction Techniques:
- Clear Adaptive Low-noise Method (CaLM) +PSF: Delivers improved PET image quality by filtering out noise while maintaining contrast – offering greater clarity while preserving detail in the image as compared to Local Means Filtering
- Single Energy Metal Artifact Reduction (SEMAR): Utilizes a reconstruction technique to reduce metallic artifact, improving visualization of implants, and supporting bone and the adjacent soft tissues for a clearer and more confident diagnosis
“Canon Medical Systems is always looking for new ways to help our customers improve workflow, without sacrificing patient satisfaction,” said Dominic Smith, senior director, CT, PET/CT, and MR Business Units. “We’ve received positive customer feedback from the Celesteion PET/CT System and the new software enhancements are our way of delivering fresh, innovative solutions to help our customers further improve workflow and image quality on a system that is known for delivering a more comfortable patient experience.”
Canon Medical Systems’ Celesteion PET/CT system has the industry’s largest bore (90 cm CT and 88 cm PET), an expansive field-of-view and time-of-flight imaging. The versatile system combines high-performance PET and CT for all radiation and oncology imaging needs, including tumor detection, treatment evaluation and CT simulation. Helping to ensure patient safety is not a choice, Celesteion comes standard with Canon Medical Systems’ advanced CT dose reduction technology, AIDR 3D.
About Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc.
Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc., headquartered in Tustin, Calif., markets, sells, distributes and services radiology and cardiovascular systems, including CT, MR, ultrasound, X-ray and interventional X-ray equipment. For more information, visit Canon Medical Systems’ website at https://us.medical.canon.
About Canon Medical Systems Corporation
Canon Medical Systems Corporation develops and manufactures diagnostic imaging systems including CT, MRI, ultrasound, X-ray systems and clinical laboratory systems and provides them to around 140 countries and regions around the world, offering technology that provides faster diagnosis and early treatment. Under the slogan "Made for Life" (Made for Partnerships, Made for Patients, Made for You.), Canon Medical Systems is making positive contributions toward hospital management, and provides a range of patient-friendly healthcare systems and services, continuing its long tradition of contributing to healthcare.