WILMINGTON, Del.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Chase Card Services, the leading co-brand credit card issuer in the U.S., and Marriott International, today announced the rebrand of the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card as the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card. The rebrand follows Marriott’s reveal of Marriott Bonvoy™, its new loyalty brand that will replace the current loyalty brands – Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) – on February 13.
The new name and look for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card will launch on February 28 with a 100,000 point limited-time offer for new cardmembers. The card will be contactless, allowing cardmembers to tap to pay for fast, easy and secure checkout at millions of places where contactless payments are accepted. Chase contactless cards include secure EMV® Chip technology, which has proven effective at reducing counterfeit fraud.
New cardmembers will receive the card with new Marriott Bonvoy Boundless branding starting February 28, and existing cardmembers can expect to receive new cards later this year.
“The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card is packed with perks – including high earn potential, thousands of places to stay under the Marriott Bonvoy program, ways to get to Elite status faster and unique offers – all with a new name, look and easier way to pay with contactless,” said Leslie Gillin, Chase Co-Brand Cards President. “The 100,000 point limited-time offer can also go a long way, from a stay in an over-water villa in Fiji, 13 nights in category 1, or many other valuable experiences across 6,700+ Marriott Bonvoy properties.”
“Marriott Bonvoy is a travel program built on the belief travel enriches the individual and connects the world,” said David Flueck, Senior Vice President, Global Loyalty, Marriott International. “With the accelerated earn and perks the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card offers, cardmembers will be able to explore our extraordinary global portfolio of brands and indulge in incredible experiences all while enjoying the program’s rich benefits.”
With this announcement come additional changes to existing programs after February 13, including:
Chase will no-longer accept applications for its Marriott Rewards
Premier Plus Business Credit Card
- A benefit will be added allowing cardmembers to receive an additional free night award after $60,000 in spend each calendar year, valid at any property with a redemption value of up to 35,000 points
- All existing Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business Credit Cardmembers will continue to receive their benefits and be serviced by Chase
- The annual fee will remain $99
- Until February 12, the card will continue to offer a 75,000 bonus point offer, a free night anniversary award and more for new cardmembers
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card, which stopped accepting new
applications in July, will now be called The Ritz-Carlton Card
- The $100 luxury property credit will include both The Ritz-Carlton® and the St. Regis® when you book direct using your card starting in April
On February 13, Chase will become the sole issuer of the premium consumer card, as well as a no-fee consumer card coming this summer.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card will still provide some of the best benefits, value, access and perks, including:
- 6 points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy brands
- 2 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Anniversary free night at eligible hotels (up to 35,000 points)
- No foreign transaction fees
- 15 Elite Night Credits towards the next level of Elite status (new in 2019)
- Over 6,700 properties to choose from worldwide
- Guaranteed Silver Elite Status and a path to Gold Elite Status
- Access to exclusive experiences through the Premier Experience Events platform
- Free in-room premium Wi-Fi
- Special merchant offers through the Chase mobile app (new in 2019)
- Ability to lock/unlock card from the Chase mobile app (new in 2019)
- $95 annual fee
- AND starting February 28 for a limited time, new cardmembers can receive 100,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three months from account opening
For more information about Marriott Bonvoy, visit: https://meetmarriottbonvoy.marriott.com/. For information on the updates to the Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit cards, go to: http://credit-cards.marriott.com/en-us/chase-us/terms-boundless/.
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,100 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
About Marriott Bonvoy
Marriott Bonvoy is Marriott International, Inc.’s new travel program built on the belief that travel enriches its members and the world around them. Launching in February 2019, Marriott Bonvoy replaces Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG). Comprised of a portfolio of extraordinary brands where you can earn and redeem, as well as offering approximately 120,000 destination tours and adventures on Marriott Bonvoy Moments, the travel program enables members to explore the world in pursuit of their passions. Under Marriott Bonvoy’s five Elite tiers, status is more achievable than ever. With a single currency, earning and redeeming points is faster and simpler, and members can accelerate the points they earn with co-branded credit cards from Chase and American Express. When members book direct on Marriott.com they receive all the perks that come with Elite status, including, free and enhanced Wi-Fi and exclusive member-only rates, and on the Marriott app they enjoy mobile check-in and checkout, mobile requests and, wherever available, mobile key. In addition to featuring a powerful travel program, Marriott.com also offers 30 extraordinary brands to book, endless experiences and the best available rates. To enroll for free or for more information about Marriott Bonvoy, visit MeetMarriottBonvoy.marriott.com. To download the Marriott app, go here. Travelers can also connect with Marriott Bonvoy on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.