--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Security Token Academy:
CREST, a new initiative focused on Commercial Real Estate financing powered by Security Tokens, will host a live multi-city webinar to explore and analyze the tokenization of the St. Regis Aspen Resort.
The real estate industry has been greatly impacted by technology in recent years and many experts believe the next disruption will be the tokenization of assets, which enable investors to purchase ownership stakes in a given asset through digital tokens. Security tokens have the ability to unlock value by making major commercial real estate assets more liquid.
The St. Regis Aspen Resort, a luxury property valued at $224 million, became one of the first commercial real estate assets where individuals were able to invest in the property by purchasing digital tokens. The webinar will explore the sale in great detail through:
- Expert discussion on how security token-based financing is the latest wave in commercial real estate disruption, including the hotels and hospitality segment
- A deep analysis of the St. Regis tokenization, including how investors were able to participate in the sale and the use of smart contracts
- Professional insights into forthcoming trends of liquidity in the traditionally illiquid world of commercial real estate
- A guided tour of the luxury St. Regis Aspen Resort
CREST is supported by the Security Token Academy - an online resource exploring the evolution of security tokens - and is focused on how commercial real estate financing can be redefined by tokenization.
Participants in the webinar include:
- Stephane De Baets: Founder and President of Elevated Returns, an asset management company which is the majority owner of the St. Regis Aspen Resort.
- Jay Bernstein: Partner and Chairman of Clifford Chance’s U.S. Corporate Finance Group.
- Jeffrey Davis: Managing Director of JLL’s Hotels & Hospitality Group who leads the Capital Markets team that oversees all investment sales, debt and equity placement in the Americas.
- Henry Elder: Founder of Digital Asset Advisors, specializing in asset tokenization, blockchain strategy and project management in the real estate industry.
Rick S. Kirkbride, partner in the real estate practice of Paul Hastings, with 27 years of experience representing institutional real estate companies, will be a guest host of this webinar, alongside Security Token Academy Host Adam Chapnick.
LOCATION & TIME:
- January 16, 2019 at 11:00 am ET
- Watch the webinar live here: https://www.securitytokenacademy.com/st-regis-webinar