NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Economist Events will host its second annual global Space Summit: The world is not enough, on November 1, 2018, at Current at Pier Sixty, located at Chelsea Piers in New York City.
Space commerce is taking off, cutting across multiple industries and new generations. This interdisciplinary and intergenerational renaissance represents the ultimate new frontier for entrepreneurs. The Space Summit will explore the future of the industry and what new opportunities for businesses there are on earth and beyond.
Featured speakers include:
- Chad Anderson, chief executive, Space Angels
- Natalya Bailey, chief executive, Accion Systems
- Leroy Chiao, former astronaut, NASA; author, “One Orbit”
- Simonetta Di Pippo, director, United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs
- Ariel Ekblaw, founder and lead, MIT Media Lab’s Space Exploration Initiative
- Eng Lim Goh, vice president and chief technology officer, high performance computing and artificial intelligence, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Stephen Jurczyk, deputy administrator, NASA
- Eliza McNitt, writer and director, “Spheres”
- Dava Newman, Apollo Program Professor of Astronautics, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Harvard-MIT Health, Sciences, and Technology, MIT
- Russell Schweickart, former astronaut, NASA Apollo 9 mission
- Ellen Stofan, director, National Air and Space Museum; former chief scientist, NASA
- Pete Worden, chairman, Breakthrough Prize
The one-day summit will bring together 200 chief executives, thinkers, policymakers and disruptive entrepreneurs from all over the world together to discuss the emergence and development of the global space economy.
For a full list of speakers and sessions visit the official conference website.
Interviews and media passes are available upon request.
To request press accreditation, interviews or ensure receipt of news releases and advisories, please contact: Sarah Erman, email@example.com, 1 (650) 284-9139
For marketing requests or ticket inquiries, please contact: Jillian Estabrook, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1 (212) 541-0520
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the event’s diamond sponsor. Supporting associations include Space Frontier Foundation, Space Angels, New York Space Alliance, Silicon Valley Space Center, Northern Sky Research, Aspen Institute, and International Space Station US Lab. The event’s PR agency is Zeno Group.
About The Economist (www.economist.com)
With a growing global circulation and a reputation for insightful analysis and perspective on every aspect of world events, The Economist is one of the most widely recognized and well-read current affairs publications. The paper covers politics, business, science and technology, and books and arts, concluding each week with the obituary.
The Economist Events brings the publication to life. As the leader of debate in the pursuit of progress, Economist Events tackles leading issues with an insightful, forward-looking and distinctly global perspective. It provides the necessary tools for business leaders, senior executives and policy makers to make informed decisions and to stay ahead of the game in a rapidly changing world.