DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Data as a Service (DaaS) Market: Enterprise, Industrial, Public, and Government DaaS 2018 - 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Data as a Service (DaaS) represents a service model in which data is transformed into useful information. DaaS is one part of the larger Everything as a Service (XaaS) cloud computing based services model, including the traditional three horizontals of SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service). It intersects with all three and derives value from a number of different horizontals and verticals.
There is considerable competition in the market, happening at a variety of different levels, with feature highly variable between vendors. This causes confusion for the enterprise and causes them to often choose two or more providers. Barriers to enterprise adoption of the DaaS model include security concerns, reliability, regulation, vendor lock-in/interoperability, IT management overhead, and other costs.
A surprising number of enterprises, both current and prospective DaaS customers, do not realize they have options for combinations of data including (1) their own data, (2) other companies' data, (3) public data, or a combination of all three. Accordingly, it was not surprising to find confusion even for many of those already considering Data as a Service, or already with DaaS in place.
One of the key opportunities for DaaS is enterprise data syndication, which is the opportunity for companies of various sizes to syndicate (e.g. share and monetize) their data. This is one of the biggest opportunities for the Data as a Service market as whole. However, there remains challenges above and beyond the core adoption barriers, which include specific security, privacy, and care of custody concerns.
To summarize, the report covers:
- DaaS by Sector: Public, Business, and Government Data
- DaaS by Data Collection Type: IoT Data and Non-IoT Data
- DaaS by Data Source Type: Machine Data and Non-machine Data
- DaaS by Data Structure Type: Structured Data and Unstructured Data
It is also important to note that there are three core types of data from an overall perspective:
- Raw Data: This is data in its unchanged form. It is un-manipulated, but may be formatted
- Meta Data: This is data about data. Meta data defines data attributes/categories such as Raw, Machine, Business, etc.
- Value-added Data: This is data that has been changed/manipulated with the intend to add some value
Select Report Findings:
- North America and Western Europe represent the two largest regional markets for DaaS
- IoT DaaS is growing nearly three times as fast as non-IoT DaaS, with much of it streaming data
- Structured data market remains greater than unstructured, but the latter will overtake the former
- Machine-sourced data is growing twice as fast as non-machine data, largely due to IoT apps and services
- Analytics as a Service is the largest opportunity and also one of the fastest growing segments through 2023
- DaaS segmentation by Structure, Source, Sector, and Collection type for 2018 to 2023
- Identify leading DaaS companies, strategies, and solutions offering enterprise solutions
- Understand the market dynamics for the Data as a Service market including leading services
- Identify DaaS market drivers and constraints as well as technology challenges and opportunities
- Identify industry vertical Data as a Service market value, globally and regionally, by market segment
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bscjlm/global_data_as_a?w=4