PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wolters Kluwer, Health announced today its leading digital anatomy resource, Grant’s Dissection Videos, was awarded first-prize in the digital/online resources category, and received highly commended recognitions for 12 Lippincott® medical texts in their categories. The annual British Medical Association (BMA) Medical Book Awards recognize outstanding contributions to medical literature. A judging panel, made up of doctors and educators, review books for their applicability to audience, production quality and originality.
“Delivering high quality medical texts and dynamic digital solutions like the Grant’s Dissection Videos is helping the next generation of clinicians to improve outcomes and reduce variability in care. We’re delighted to share with our author and editorial community these recognitions from the British Medical Association,” said Cathy Wolfe, President and CEO of Health Learning, Research and Practice, Wolters Kluwer.
BMA award-winning titles and services published by Lippincott include:
- Digital and Online Resources: Grant’s Dissection Videos, authored by Alan J. Detton
- Clinical Anesthesia, 8th Edition , authored by Paul G. Barash, Bruce F. Cullen, Robert K. Stoelting, Michael K. Cahalan, M Christine Stock, Rafael Ortega, Sam R. Sharar and Natalie Holt
- The Walls Manual of Emergency Airway Management, 5th Edition, authored by Calvin A. Brown, John C. Sakles and Nathan W. Mick
Basic and Clinical Sciences
- Renal and Electrolyte Disorders, 8th Edition, authored by Robert W. Schrier
- Clinical Echocardiography Review, 2nd Edition, authored by Allan L. Klein and Craig R. Asher
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation, 11th Edition, authored by Gerald G. Briggs, Roger K. Freeman, Craig V. Towers and Alicia B. Forinash
- First Trimester Ultrasound Diagnosis of Fetal Abnormalities, authored by Alfred Z. Abuhamad and Rabih Chaoui
- Principles and Practice of Gynecologic Oncology, 7th Edition, authored by Dennis S. Chi, Andrew Berchuck, Don S. Dizon and Catheryn M. Yashar
- Rosen’s Diagnosis of Breast Pathology by Needle Core Biopsy, 4th Edition, authored by Edi Brogi, Syed A. Hoda, Frederick C. Koerner and Paul P. Rosen
- Radiology Review Manual, 8th Edition, authored by Wolfgang F Dähnert
- The Cowboy's Conundrum: Complex and Advanced Cases in Shoulder Arthroscopy, authored by Stephen S. Burkhart, Paul C. Brady, Patrick J. Denard, Christopher R. Adams and Robert U. Hartzler
- Handbook of Kidney Transplantation, 6th Edition, authored by Gabriel M. Danovitch
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, authored by Tony Tannoury, D Greg Anderson and Chadi Tannoury
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer, headquartered in the Netherlands, reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4 billion. The company serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading global provider of trusted clinical technology and evidence-based solutions that engage clinicians, patients, researchers and students with advanced clinical decision support, learning and research and clinical intelligence. For more information about our solutions, visit http://healthclarity.wolterskluwer.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @WKHealth.