MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For the fifth year, QuickBooks® Connect is returning to San Jose, California on Nov. 5-7, with a powerful program to educate and energize attendees. Since the event’s inception in 2014, QuickBooks has impacted more than 17,000 attendees, arming them with the resources, connections and tools necessary to grow and succeed. With more than 50 inspiring main stage and breakout speakers, the conference will again provide valuable, actionable insights and advice for business owners, the self-employed, entrepreneurs, accountants and developers.
“QuickBooks Connect is one of our finest examples of how committed QuickBooks is to helping its entire ecosystem on a journey to success,” said Sasan Goodarzi, executive vice president and general manager, Small Business and Self Employed Group. “We look forward to welcoming thousands of accountants, small businesses, entrepreneurs, self-employed, developers and partners to this year’s event, which will bring inspiration from the main stage to main street and breakout sessions.”
Main Stage Speakers Unveiled
Every year, QuickBooks Connect brings an inspiring lineup of speakers designed to inspire and motivate. This year’s lineup will not disappoint – with everyone from a leading Major League Baseball player turned entrepreneur to a candy shop owner who made it big.
Complete details on the currently announced main stage lineup:
- Alex Rodriguez, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of A-Rod Corp - Baseball icon Alex Rodriguez is considered one of the greatest athletes in the world. During his baseball career, including a World Series® Championship with the New York Yankees®, Mr. Rodriguez also built a tremendously successful investment firm with the purchase of a single duplex in 2003. From there he founded the A-Rod Corporation, a multi-faceted business that continues to invest in real estate and development, but has expanded into sports and wellness, media and entertainment employing more than 500 people. At QuickBooks Connect, Mr. Rodriguez will bring his unique perspective, discussing how he managed two successful careers simultaneously. He will also discuss valuable life lessons that now rule his daily decision-making process, share his best business advice and explain why following your passion is key to success and survival.
- Mindy Kaling, Actor, Writer, Producer and Director – Mindy Kaling, Emmy®-nominated actress, best-selling author, producer and director will grace this year’s QuickBooks Connect as a keynote presenter. As one of the hardest working, self-employed entrepreneurs in the entertainment industry today, Ms. Kaling rose to fame on the workplace sitcom The Office. Her success continued as she became a bestselling-author for both her memoirs Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? and Why Not Me? She also wrote, starred and executive produced her own Fox®/Hulu® series The Mindy Project for which she received multi-nominations for her contributions in writing and acting. Her movie roles have become instant classics including voicing Disgust in Inside Out and playing Mrs. Who in A Wrinkle in Time.
- Dylan Lauren, CEO and Founder of Dylan’s Candy Bar: Dylan is the creator of the world’s largest confectionary emporium and lifestyle brand, Dylan’s Candy Bar. By merging the worlds of art, fashion and pop culture with candy, Dylan’s Candy Bar has revolutionized the way consumers see candy today. Since the birth of the original flagship stored in New York City, Dylan’s Candy Bar has opened in cosmopolitan cities such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, and has plans to continue expanding worldwide.
- Alex Banayan, Venture Capitalist and Author: Alex is a venture capitalist known for his award-winning book, The Third Door, which is based on his journey to uncover the secret to success from some of the world’s most iconic business people, including Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and more. He was named to Forbes’ “30 Under 30” list in 2015 and Business Insider’s “Most Powerful People Under 30” list in 2015.
- Vinh Giang, Entrepreneur and Master Showman: Vinh is a magician and entrepreneur who has built an online platform, 52kards, that teaches magic to over 800,000 students from all over the globe. For his ventures, he was awarded with South Australia Young Entrepreneur of the Year award.
A Comprehensive Lineup of Educational and Motivating Breakout Sessions
In addition to the main stage presentations, QuickBooks Connect provides a full day of actionable learnings that can be put to work right away. In fact, 97% of past QuickBooks Connect attendees said they walked away from the show with learnings they could immediately apply to their business. This year’s workshops and breakout sessions will be structured to appeal to the individual audiences that attend the conference:
- Small Business and the Self-Employed: Connect with business experts and get one-on-one mentoring sessions in marketing, design and general business advice. From key workplace tools to online branding, customer acquisition, leadership insights and additional revenue, leading voices from across the country to engage business owners with teams of one to many who are just starting out or accelerating growth.
- Accounting Professionals: Three days of training courses, sessions and workshops await accounting professionals to help grow their practice, gain insight into new technologies and get actionable learnings to better serve their small business and self-employed clients. Attendees will also be able to earn CPE credits.
- Developers: In-depth sessions will enable developers to build solutions for today and beyond with QuickBooks. Sessions include hands-on tutorials and one-on-one support from the Intuit Developer team that will accelerate app development and aid those interested in publishing apps on the QuickBooks App Store. Additionally for developers, the Intuit Developer Group is hosting a hackathon Nov. 3-4, 2018 at Intuit’s headquarters in Mountain View, Calif. And finally, Intuit has opened the Small Business App Showdown where 10 finalists will get a chance to pitch their app to a panel of judges at QuickBooks Connect for a chance to win $100,000.*
Main Day Passes are available for $299, but those who purchase before Sept. 20, 2018 can receive the early bird price of $199. A full three-day pass is available for $599 or $399 with the early bird discount through Sept. 20 as well. Three-day passes include CPE credits plus access to the special accountant-focused days on Nov. 5 and 7. For additional details and pricing, visit www.quickbooksconnect.com.
Intuit’s mission is to Power Prosperity Around the World. Its global products and platforms, including TurboTax, QuickBooks, Mint and Turbo, are designed to empower consumers, self-employed, and small businesses to improve their financial lives, finding them more money with the least amount of work, while giving them complete confidence in their actions and decisions. Intuit’s innovative ecosystem of financial management solutions serves partners and 46 million customers worldwide, unleashing the power of many for the prosperity of one. For the latest news and in-depth information about Intuit and its brands, visit Intuit.com and follow on Facebook.
*See our Official Rules here: https://intuit.promo.eprize.com/showdown2018/public/fulfillment/rules.pdf.
© 2018 Intuit Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit, QuickBooks and QuickBooks Connect are trademarks of Intuit Inc. World Series is a trademark of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. Yankees is a trademark of New York Yankees Partnership. Emmy is a trademark of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences and the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Inc. Fox is a trademark of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. Hulu is a trademark of Hulu, LLC. Other trademarks are property of their respective owners.