NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American International Group, Inc. (NYSE:AIG) announced today the release of its 2017 Corporate Citizenship Report, which showcases how the company is connecting with the world through socially responsible business practices and values.
“As an insurance company, our work makes a difference in the lives of our clients every day. Through this, along with our commitment to being a good corporate citizen, we aim to step up and do the right thing whenever and wherever we can for those in need,” said Brian Duperreault, AIG President and Chief Executive Officer, in the report’s opening letter. “I’m so proud of our colleagues worldwide who give of themselves toward a greater good,” he added.
The report, which covers January 1 through December 31, 2017, reinforces AIG’s commitment to corporate citizenship and highlights themes intrinsic to its citizenship activities, including sustainability, employee engagement, and workforce diversity.
Highlights from the report include:
- Disaster resilience – a snapshot of how our employees from around the globe stepped up to support one another, our clients, and the community during times of need.
- Continued focus on sustainable investing – featuring a five percent increase in renewable energy investments from 2016.
- Entrepreneurship and empowerment – continuing to deliver world-class products and services to the underserved through microinsurance.
- Employee engagement – providing opportunities for employees to give back through volunteer and giving programs and through AIG’s more than 100 Employee Resource Groups worldwide.
- Diversity and inclusion – encouraging a culture of inclusion that is designed to attract, develop, and retain diverse talent.
To learn more about AIG’s Corporate Citizenship activities and to view the report, visit: www.aig.com/citizenship.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance www.twitter.com/AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.
AIG is the marketing name for the worldwide property-casualty, life and retirement, and general insurance operations of American International Group, Inc. For additional information, please visit our website at www.aig.com. All products and services are written or provided by subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. Products or services may not be available in all countries, and coverage is subject to actual policy language. Non-insurance products and services may be provided by independent third parties. Certain property-casualty coverages may be provided by a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds, and insureds are therefore not protected by such funds.