DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) Market - Growth, Trend and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The IPTV market was valued at USD 31.95 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.9% during the forecast period (2018-2023), to reach USD 98.87 billion by 2023.
The market is going through a paradigm shift from traditional modes of broadcasting like cable or satellite TV towards internet-based streaming, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) as a system has a major role to play in this transitional phase.
Technological developments have led to increasing the number of subscribers for IPTV, and there is a need for HD channels and video on demand. Subscription numbers are also increasing owing to new market expansion.
Growing penetration of internet based streaming services is expected to drive the market. Also, companies are adapting lucrative strategies to attract clients, which is also driving the IPTV market.
However, growing adoption of OTT solutions such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, and limited bandwidth in regions with low internet penetration, can act as a restraint for the market.
- Rising Demand for On-Demand Services to Augment the Market
- Asia-Pacific Expected to Witness the Fastest Growth
Developments in Internet Protocol Television Market
- April 2018 - Tripleplay developed a new software called Caveman 1.1. It supports the Tripleplay Interactive IPTV Portal for the Samsung HF series Hospitality Smart TV. Also, it facilitates the delivery of digital signage and IPTV to AVNU PF series with BrightSign Built-in and Samsung's Smart Signage Platform version 5 (Tizen 3).
- October 2017 - Huawei and Dolby Laboratories announced Q22, the world's first Dolby Vision-enabled set-top box for IPTV.
Key Topics Covered
2. Internet Protocol Television Market Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Internet Protocol Television Market Dynamics
5. Global Internet Protocol Television Market Segmentation
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
- Akamai Technologies
- AT&T Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Ericsson AB
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Moftak Solutions
- Tripleplay Services Ltd.
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future Outlook of the Internet Protocol Television Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6jg7xh/the_global_market?w=4