DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "IGCT Market by Type (Asymmetric IGCT, Reverse Blocking IGCT, and Reverse Conducting IGCT) and Application (Drive, Traction, Converter, and Others) - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2018-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global IGCT market was valued at $10.98 million in 2017, and is projected to reach $17.77 million by 2024, registering a CAGR of 6.9% from 2018 to 2024.
Low conduction loss as compared to GTO and IGBT, increased usage of power electronics in renewable energy sources, better performance at high temperature and low price are the factors that drive the market.
In addition, use of power semiconductor devices in hybrid vehicles and invention of high-power technology (HPT) platform boost the growth of the IGCT market.
However, bulky thyristor structure and complex manufacturing process will restrict the growth of the market.
- The type segment generated the highest revenue in the global IGCT market in 2017.
- In 2017, the asymmetric IGCT segment contributed to the highest revenue in the type segment.
- LAMEA is anticipated to exhibit the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- In 2017, Asia Pacific contributed the highest market share, followed by, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
Chapter 3: Market Overview
Chapter 4: Integrated Gate-Commutated Thyristor (IGCT) Market, by Type
Chapter 5: Integrated Gate-Commutated Thyristor (IGCT) Market, by Application
Chapter 6: Integrated Gate-Commutated Thyristor (IGCT) Market, by Region
Chapter 7: Company Profiles
- Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Tianjin Century Electronics Co. Ltd.
- CRRC Corporation Limited (CSR Zhuzhou Institute Co. Ltd.)
- General Electric Company
- Xiamen Hidins Technology Co. Ltd.
- Amepower Inc.
- Shenzhen CTW Semiconductor Co. Ltd.
- Jiangyin City Saiying Electron Co. Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kgjnsq/the_global_market?w=4