DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Recent Advances and Approach Towards Nucleic Acid Delivery System" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Globally, North America dominates the nucleic acid aptamer market, due to its favorable policies for clinical trials, which is driving the market growth. It is estimated that nucleic acid aptamer market will reach nearly $5.4 billion by 2020, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 73.5% from 2015 to 2020.
RNAi therapeutics is now started taking momentum after successful clinical trials for different siRNA-based therapies, primarily for neural disorders and cancers. Their specificities in terms of post-transcriptional gene silencing have already been well established and many small and big players are engaged in designing and patenting novel RNAi sequences. Designing specific sequences for specific disease or disorders does not complete the invention, but it does also require maneuvering specific delivery agents for targeted delivery. Lipid based delivery agents are primarily used for delivering different RNAi molecules, but other chemical agents such as peptides, DAEA-dextran etc. and biological agents such as viral particles have also been tried and tested.
Based on the drug delivery and therapeutics applications the RNAi market is segmented. The drug delivery of RNAi is further divided into nucleic acid drug delivery technology, aptamer drug delivery technology, nanoparticle drug delivery technology, and pulmonary drug delivery technology. Therapeutic application market further segmented into oncology, cardiology, ophthalmology, neurology and metabolic disorders. Nanoparticle based drug delivery is largest sub-segment, however, aptamer drug delivery technology is the fastest growing segment.
More than fifteen hundred clinical trials for nucleic acid delivery are ongoing worldwide. Approximately 55% are in the primary clinical development stage and 4% in phase III trials which shows that nucleic acid delivery market is growing rapidly.
Geographically IP filing activity
In Asia, less filing has been observed in this domain in 2017. Japan is the most active jurisdiction, followed by China , Korea and India.
- Overview of Nucleic acid delivery, including unique challenges, categories of RNA interference (RNAi) used for therapy, specific carriers and technique of delivering nucleic acid, role of delivery systems in therapy and disease covered.
- Different nucleic acids used for therapy such as SiRNA, miRNA, mRNA, shRNA, gRNA. Studies on current academic research and industry trend, geographical distribution of therapeutics, key diseases targeted for treatment, clinical trials for different diseases, different delivery agents and techniques to deliver nucleic acid utilized.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Technology Overview
2. Technology Insights
3. Geographical distribution
5. Nucleic acid delivery - Market overview
6. Nucleic acid delivery: Market Determinants
7. Nucleic acid delivery: Opportunity Vs. Restraints
8. Nucleic acid delivery: Strategic Analysis SWOT & PEST
9. Nucleic acid delivery: Market Development
10. Nucleic acid delivery: Recent advancements and future trend
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bqjwpz/recent_advances?w=4