DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Securus Technologies, a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions for public safety, law enforcement, investigations, corrections and government payment services today released the results from a survey of law enforcement and correctional professionals who visited the 10,000 square-foot Securus Technology Center in Dallas.
The informal survey asked customers and prospects about the issues they are facing in their facilities. Respondents were asked to answer several questions with multiple answers, and were allowed to choose as many as were applicable.
Highlights from the Survey:
- Budget was the number one concern for more than 52 percent, more than the rest of the other choices combined
- When asked about their strategies for success, updating old technology was the top priority, with expanding available services a close second. Voice biometrics and cutting costs rounded out the top four.
- When asked about what keeps them up at night, more than 27 percent of respondents said that budgets were the number one issue. With the safety of personnel and inmates following a close second with 23 percent.
- 26 percent said that procuring new technology was a high priority to meet goals and objectives for the year
- Video Visitation and Tablets were nearly tied when asked about new technology they wanted to procure in the coming year. Investigative solutions was a close third.
“Securus asks visitors to the Technology Center to complete the survey to better understand emerging trends in the industry, and issues law enforcement and correctional professionals face each day,” said Kathryn Goldstein, Manager of the Securus Technology Center. “In 2017 nearly 800 customers and prospects visited the Technology Center for in-depth training, product demonstrations or workshops, 2018 is on track to meet or beat that number.”
ABOUT SECURUS TECHNOLOGIES
Headquartered in Carrollton, Texas, and serving more than 3,500 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,200,000 inmates across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, inmate self-service, monitoring products and services, and government payment services in order to help our customers with solutions to their problems and to make our world a safer place to live for all of us. Securus Technologies focuses on connecting what matters®. To learn more about our full suite of technology enabled solutions, please visit SecurusTechnologies.com.