BETHESDA, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The TECHTOPIA Pavilion at the 2018 National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) Convention & Trade Show will demonstrate new disruptive and digital technology for the construction industry.
As part of the free NECA Show, TECHTOPIA in Booth 1644 at the Philadelphia Convention Center will include its first Building Information Modeling (BIM) Cave, drone demonstrations, AR/VR and hologram technology, Power over Ethernet (PoE) smart lighting, the latest software applications, 18 brief TECH Talks and digital tech experts to help with technology/media strategies for work, home and life.
“TECHTOPIA has expanded to experience new and emerging technology that can improve project efficiency, workplace safety and profitability,” said Joe Shorter, Ph.D., executive director, ELECTRI International, NECA’s director of research and editor of NECA Technology.
TECHTOPIA exhibitors include:
- Assignar: A unified software platform to manage construction operations from the office to the field in real time
- B&C Aerial Solutions: Aerial images and video for construction, real estate, inspections, energy
- DisruptAEC: Bridging the gap between technology, BIM and AEC to integrate virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality
- H.E. Williams: Power Over Ethernet (PO-E)-ready LED luminaires provide turn-key networked lighting and sophisticated controls
- ICI/Infrared Cameras Inc.: Thermal and multi-spectral infrared cameras with diverse applications
- Rhumbix: A mobile platform designed to optimize construction productivity and safety
- Sanveo: BIM for owners, architects, engineers and contractors and Reality Capture
- SmartSCM: Simplified electrical infrastructure brings it online on any device 24/7
- Trimble Mixed Reality: The official Hard Hat solution for Microsoft HoloLens; mixed reality for project coordination through precise alignment of holographic data on the job site
As the electrical construction industry’s largest annual event, NECA 2018 offers the widest audience of decision makers with approximately 300 exhibiting companies demonstrating the latest technology, superior education and training. Sixty-eight percent of attendees purchase new products, and 66 percent do not attend any other trade show.
NECA 2018 is open to all electrical professionals, including nonmembers. Free trade show admission: go to Attendee Registration and use code NECA18.
The National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA), is the voice of the $160 billion electrical construction industry that brings power, light and communication technology to buildings and communities across the U.S. (301)215-4506 / http://www.necaconvention.org/ / Twitter @necanet.