DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Fuel Cell Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global fuel cell market reached a value of more than US$ 4.0 Billion in 2017
A fuel cell refers to an electrochemical cell which converts the chemical energy from a fuel to electricity. The major components of a fuel cell include anode, cathode and electrolyte. Some of the advantages offered by fuel cells are energy-efficiency, high operating time, ease of maintenance, etc. Apart from this, they are environment-friendly in nature as they prevent production of air pollutants or greenhouse gases. Owing to this, they are used to provide power to vehicles like forklifts, automobiles, buses, boats, motorcycles, etc.
Various initiatives and favourable policies by governments supporting the use of sustainable energy substitutes represents one of the major factors catalysing the growth of the global fuel cell market. Moreover, as fuel cells do not require conventional fuels such as oil or gas, it reduces economic dependence on oil producing countries, thereby broadening the growth prospects of the market.
Other growth inducing factors include technological advancements, constant depletion of fossil fuels and rising awareness about the benefits of fuel cells.
Looking forward, the market value is projected to exceed US$ 8.4 Billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of 13.4% during 2018-2023.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented as proton exchange membrane fuel cells, solid oxide fuel cells, molten carbonate fuel cells, direct methanol fuel cells, phosphoric acid fuel cells and others. Proton exchange membrane fuel cells currently account for the highest market share.
- On the basis of application, stationery represents the largest segment, followed by transportation, portable and others.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being
- Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- Bloom Energy Corporation
- Toshiba Fuel Cell Power Systems Corporation
- FuelCell Energy Inc
- Plug Power Inc
- Nuvera Fuel Cells Inc
- AFC Energy plc
- SFC Energy AG
- Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems
- Panasonic Corporation
- Intelligent Energy Limited
- Doosan Fuel Cell America Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
5 Global Fuel Cell Market
6 Market Breakup by Type
7 Market Breakup by Application
8 Market Breakup by Region
9 Fuel Cell Manufacturing Process
10 Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/snln6z/8_4_bn_fuel_cell?w=4