NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tarter Krinsky & Drogin, a full-service, mid-size law firm announced today that it has expanded its Litigation and Corporate and Securities practices, continuing its strategic growth and strengthening its client offerings by adding five lawyers from the prominent litigation boutique Flemming Zulack Williamson Zauderer LLP, which dissolved as of June 30, 2018. The lawyers joining the firm include:
- Richard Williamson (Partner) is a highly regarded litigator in the commercial litigation, trials and appeals, product liability, mass torts, professional liability, partnership and corporate areas. He represents business and individuals in a wide range of complex cases. In asbestos personal injury litigation, Richard has served on the national trial lawyers’ teams for several defendants over the last 25 years. He regularly represents law firms and other partnerships in connection with partnership disputes and separations.
- Elizabeth O’Connor (Partner) is an accomplished litigator with experience in a broad range of complex commercial cases encompassing securities law, conflict of laws, class actions, professional liability, banking, contracts, intellectual property, real estate and product liability, among others.
- Lissa Gipson (Partner) practices primarily in the areas of complex commercial litigation, product liability and art law. She has consistently achieved successful results for clients through her motion practice and trial work.
- Robert Polifka (Counsel) handles sophisticated and complex commercial transactions and business matters for a broad array of domestic and international clients and functions as an outside general counselor to closely held companies in a variety of business fields.
- Cathi Baglin (Counsel) has more than 30 years of federal and state court commercial litigation and dispute resolution experience, including defending mass tort cases and product liability cases, including consolidated, coordinated and multi-district litigation, as well as handling construction, contract, employment, partnership and professional malpractice disputes and advising on product regulatory and cross-border product liability issues for both domestic and international clients.
“We are thrilled to add a team of litigators to our firm who are among the most experienced trial lawyers in the legal community. In addition, the arrival of Bob Polifka will enhance our corporate capabilities. Our new colleagues have successfully worked together for many years and their depth of experience provides significant value to the firm, our clients and the industries we serve,” said Alan M. Tarter, Managing Partner.
“When looking for a new professional home, we sought a leading mid-size firm that complimented our practice. I was attracted to Tarter Krinsky & Drogin’s quality of work, its growth trajectory, its full-service platform and most of all, its people, many of whom I have known for years. We look forward to leveraging our collective experiences and contributing to the firm’s array of outstanding legal services,” said Richard A. Williamson, litigation partner.
The team joins Tarter Krinsky & Drogin following several other notable litigation hires, including senior associate Darnell Stanislaus from Cravath earlier this month, and Charles M. Miller, who joined the firm as a partner from Kasowitz Benson to lead the firm’s Securities and Financial Services Litigation Group last year. Alan Tarter noted, “With the combined deep bench strength of our new litigators, the firm continues to bolster its capabilities to address clients’ continuing needs in the litigation area in a cost-effective and practical way. Mid-size, full-service firms like ours are well poised to aid clients with all types of work, including litigation, which can become quite costly, because of our attractive rate structures, full-service value proposition and nimble infrastructure.”
About Tarter Krinsky & Drogin LLP
Tarter Krinsky & Drogin is a NYC-based, mid-sized, entrepreneurial law firm focused on effectively and efficiently representing a broad variety of middle-market businesses, as well as companies of all sizes. Its full service approach includes real estate, construction, corporate & securities, corporate investigations, litigation, labor & employment, intellectual property, tax, retail, bankruptcy and corporate restructuring, immigration, co-op and condominium law, not-for-profit and education, and a thriving international practice with a focus on Italy and China, among other areas. Purposefully designed to be an integral part of any client’s business team, the firm is a vibrant, full-service law firm dedicated to smart thinking and strong client relationships. Learn more at http://www.tarterkrinsky.com.