DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Markets for Spark Plasma Sintering and Other Advanced Sintering Technologies" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This research has identified three main categories of advanced sintering technologies (AST): current assisted, which includes spark plasma sintering; vacuum-assisted; and electromagnetic radiation assisted. Although these advanced sintering technologies have theoretically countless applications, they are primarily used in six sectors: aerospace, automotive, electronics/optoelectronics, energy, mechanical/metallurgical and medical.
Electromagnetic radiation-assisted sintering (e.g., selective laser sintering and microwave sintering) currently account for the largest share of the market. Within this segment, selective laser sintering systems for coatings and 3D printing represent the most popular type.
The next-largest category is vacuum-assisted sintering, while the current-assisted sintering segment, which is primarily comprised of spark plasma sintering systems. Demand for AST systems is projected to continue to grow at a healthy pace during the next five years, due to a variety of factors, including the following:
- Increasing popularity of 3D printed devices.
- Higher penetration in different sectors, particularly medical, electronics, optoelectronics and energy.
- Need for sintering processes that allow for fast firing, high-throughput and more automation.
- Rapidly rising levels of related R&D activities.
Although sales volume of AST equipment is expected to be characterized by good growth, revenues will expand at a slower pace due to ongoing price pressure.
- 32 data tables and 12 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for spark plasma sintering (SPS) and other advanced sintering technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, 2016, 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Discussion of the current and emerging requirements posed by advancements within the ceramics industry
- Coverage of milestones in the history of spark plasma sintering and other advanced sintering technologies
- Descriptions of the geographical distribution of manufacturers
- Detailed company profiles of top industry players in the market, including ALD Vacuum Technologies, EOS, FCT Systeme, Gasbarre Products, Linn High Therm, PVA Tepla Group, and Simuwu
- 3D Systems
- ALD Vacuum Technologies
- ECM Technologies
- Farsoon Technologies
- FCT Systeme
- Fuji Electronic Industrial
- Gasbarre Products
- Koyo Thermo Systems
- Linn High Therm
- Matsuura Machinery
- PVA Tepla Group
- Seco Warwick
Key Topics Covered
2 Summary and Highlights
3 Market and Technology Background
5 Global Markets
6 Global Industry Structure
7 Patent Analysis
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6pd4w5/global_markets?w=4