MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--REV Group, Inc. (REVG), a manufacturer of industry-leading specialty vehicle brands and a leading provider of parts and services, has announced the launch of a new extreme-duty aerial fire apparatus, the Tuff Truck AerialCat™, under REV Group’s KME Fire brand. The new Tuff Truck was specifically designed to meet the demands of a challenging urban environment with tight streets and numerous obstacles.
The 103’ Tuff Truck AerialCat is a highly maneuverable 103’ ladder with a 12’ jack stance designed to set up in compact areas. It features an unrestricted 500 lb tip load and a 1500 gpm (gallons per minute) waterway with Store Front Blitz™ and -7 to +80-degree unrestricted operation range. The 103’ Tuff Truck is built on KME’s 96” Severe ServiceTM cab with a 500 HP engine and 4000 EVS transmission.
The new Tuff Truck AerialCat provides unique benefits to fire departments, including:
- Increased Compartment Space: 25” deep compartments provide 185 cubic feet of compartment space.
- Compact Design: Engineered to be easy to maneuver with a wheelbase as short as 198” and an outrigger stance of 12’ with the capability to short jack at 10’6”.
- Better Weight Capacity: Designed to accommodate a 650-gallon water tank and an enclosed ladder storage capable of housing an ISO compliant package. Additionally, a tandem axle design provides better braking, traction and vehicle stability.
- No Restrictions: The Tuff Truck AerialCat operates in a full range of motion with no restrictions. The truck operates at any low angle forward of the outriggers and can be set-up on an 11-degree slope.
- Shorter Length: With the shortest overall length in the industry at 38’ 4”, the Tuff Truck AerialCat allows for tighter fits and supreme maneuverability.
“The Tuff Truck AerialCat™ has the advantage of a shorter overall length, shorter wheelbase and narrower body and cab in the 100’ ladder range,” said Pete Hoherchak, Aerial Product Manager for KME. “With the new Tuff Truck, KME can now offer any of our cab, drive train, pump and body options without the need for restrictions due to weight concerns.”
For more information REV Group’s KME brand visit www.kmefire.com.
About REV Group
REV (REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services. REV serves a diversified customer base primarily in the United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial and Recreation. REV provides customized vehicle solutions for applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles (“RVs”) and luxury buses). REV’s brand portfolio consists of 30 well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of REV’s brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years. Investors-REVG