CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, is excited to announce its latest State of the Science Summit™ that will focus on topics discussed during the 2018 Annual Oncology Meeting. This event will take place on June 30 from 11:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.(CDT), at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown in Missouri. The program will be chaired by Suman Kambhampati, M.D., co-medical director of the Blood Cancer Program at Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health, vice-chair of the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network and principal investigator with Southwest Oncology group.
Discussion topics will include integrating immunotherapy and targeted therapy in advanced kidney cancer, chronic myeloid leukemia, and neuroendocrine tumors. Featured speakers will also share the latest case studies and address audience questions.
The presenters include:
- Jodie Barr, D.O., hematology/oncology specialist, Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Ian W. Flinn, M.D., Ph.D., hematology/oncology specialist, blood cancer research program director, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health
- Apar Ganti, M.D., professor of internal medicine, division of oncology/ hematology, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Stephanie Graff, M.D., certified internal medicine, medical oncology/hematology, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health
- Mehmood Hashmi, M.D., hematology/oncology specialist, assistant professor of medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Leo Shunyakov, M.D., oncologist/hematologist, Central Care Cancer Center
- Joseph F. Stilwell, M.D., hematology/oncology specialist, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health
- Robert L. Talley, M.D., hematology/oncology, Sarah Cannon at Centerpoint
- Susanna Ulahannan, M.D., MMed, assistant professor of hematology/oncology; associate director, Oklahoma TSET Phase I Program, Stephenson Cancer Center, University of Oklahoma
- Peter J. Van Veldhuizen, M.D., hematology, medical oncology and urology specialist, Sarah Cannon at Menorah Medical Center
- Denise A. Yardley, MD, hematology, oncology and breast cancer specialist, Tennessee Oncology
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® that features medical experts from across the nation. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals from key disciplines that range from medical and surgical oncology to hematology, all aiming to discuss current treatment options.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for MJH Associates Inc.’s Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research, and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.