DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The South African Tobacco Industry in South Africa 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report on the South African tobacco industry describes current conditions and factors influencing the success of the industry, including government plans to further tighten legislation and the introduction of plain packaging. The negative effect of the severe drought and exceedingly hot temperatures in some areas as well as the continued illicit trafficking of cigarettes are also discussed.
The report profiles 15 companies, including the three major players and smaller players such as Folha Manufacturers and Afroberg Tobacco Manufacturing. Also profiled is Gauteng-based Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation which announced in 2017 that it planned to set up a US$1.5m plant in Harare, Zimbabwe within two years.
The South African tobacco industry is estimated to be worth R28.8bn and is supported by 8.2 million adult tobacco users. It is a significant contributor to the government purse, paying more than R16.6bn in excise duty and VAT in the 2016/2017 marketing season.
The primary sector of the industry involves commercial and small-scale tobacco farmers situated in Limpopo, North West, Mpumalanga, Eastern Cape and Western Cape. The secondary sector focuses on the manufacture and marketing of cigarettes, pipe tobacco and snuff to the consumer.
Limpopo Tobacco Processors is the biggest supplier of leaf and sells about 95% of its flue-cured tobacco to British American Tobacco, the main manufacturer in the sector.
- Van Erkoms Tabakke (Pty) Ltd
- British American Tobacco South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- JT International South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Leonard Dingler (Pty) Ltd
- Philip Morris South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation (Pty) Ltd
- Amalgamated Tobacco Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd
- Carnilinx (Pty) Ltd
- Universal Leaf South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- OTP Distributors (Pty) Ltd
- Afroberg Tobacco Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd
- Folha Manufacturers (Pty) Ltd
- Best Tobacco Company (Pty) Ltd
- Home of Cut Rag (Pty) Ltd
- Protobac (Pty) Ltd
- Limpopo Tobacco Processors (Pty) Ltd
Key Topics Covered
2. Description of the Industry
3. Size of the Industry
4. State of the Industry
5. Influencing Factors
7. SWOT Analysis
9. Industry Associations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xhkx45/the_south_african?w=4