AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FileCloud, a cloud-agnostic Enterprise File Sharing and Sync (EFSS) platform, today announced that it has partnered with CJIS Solutions, a leading CJIS Compliant Cloud and Solutions provider for law enforcement, to deliver FileCloud’s EFSS platform as Law Share for law enforcement agencies and vendors.
"The majority of police departments across the nation are still using legacy systems for file sharing,” said Venkat Ramasamy, COO, FileCloud. “We are excited to partner with CJIS Solutions to host FileCloud’s flexible and adaptable solution to solve the complex enterprise file sharing and sync environment of today’s law enforcement—a highly regulated environment that requires customizable data controls and tools.”
In the partnership, CJIS Solutions will handle compliance requirements and service agreements with customers, and FileCloud will deliver product features and updates. Benefits include:
- Control: Gives complete control of where data is stored and processed. For CJIS compliance, entities must control data physically and logically.
- Archiving: Enables entities to design their own archiving policies (e.g. all video, files can remain in-house on a storage system for 30 days and after 30 days move to cloud storage).
- Performance: Viewing, saving and case management can be conducted in-house without taking up bandwidth or racking up transfer fees while leveraging the scalable cloud storage fabric for longer term storage.
- Infrastructure Flexibility: Gives complete flexibility on where customers can store their data. Customers can enable hybrid cloud solutions to blend on-premise and off-site cloud storage.
- Domain Knowledge: Owned and operated by law enforcement, CJIS Solutions applies its law enforcement specific domain knowledge and experience to solve police agencies’ unique use cases and requirements.
“Compliant enterprise governance is imperative for law enforcement officers,” said Chief Michael J. Coppola, President and Founder, CJIS Solutions. “With secure, collaborative practices, agencies can share information in real-time, straight from the field to expedite digital evidence. Law Share also gives agencies the ability to answer discovery and public record requests compliantly and efficiently, saving taxpayers money and streamlining the traditionally demanding process. Partnering with FileCloud to deliver their offering as Law Share gives CJIS Solutions the platform needed to achieve a compliant product for agencies.”
This partnership offers the best in class solution for any law enforcement agency—the versatility of the FileCloud platform and the domain expertise of CJIS Solutions. For more information please visit https://www.getfilecloud.com/file-sharing-for-law-enforcement/ or https://cjissolutions.com/law-share-file-document-sharing/.
About CJIS Solutions
CJIS Solutions is owned and operated by Law Enforcement Executives. CJIS has experience not only in the technology itself, but in the use, administration, policy making, and management components of an agency as well. CJIS Solutions brings offerings such as hosted E-Mail, Mobile Device Management, Data Backup, hosted server environments, remote desktop solutions, and much more that will remove dependency on expensive, in-house devices. For more information, please visit: https://cjissolutions.com/.
FileCloud is based in Austin, Texas, and is a developer of a unified, secure enterprise file service platform that organizes enterprise data, enhances collaboration and productivity, while providing ironclad data protection. FileCloud’s file sharing solutions offer powerful file sharing, sync, and mobile access capabilities on public, private and hybrid clouds. The company offers two products—Tonido for consumers, and FileCloud for businesses—that are used by millions of customers around the world, ranging from individuals to Global 2000 enterprises, educational institutions, government organizations, and managed service providers. For more information, visit www.getfilecloud.com.