DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Bioinformatics Market - Segmented by Technology, Applications, End-user and Geography - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global bioinformatics market is expected to register a CAGR of 19.8% during 2018-2023 (the forecast period).
With the completion of the Human Genome Project (in 2001) and the Human Proteome Project, a vast amount of data has generated, which has given a new dimension to the profiling of proteomic and genomic analyses. The data generated, out of these projects, has driven the growth of the global bioinformatics market, due to the growing demand for tools and platforms for data management, data retrieval, sequence alignment, structure prediction, and other bioinformatics applications. Other factors driving the market include increasing government spending and rise in R&D initiatives.
Owing to the factors, like the growing demand for bioinformatics across genomics and proteomics research, technological advancements, increasing research funding, and the presence of a large number of market players and research institutes in the region, North America dominates the global bioinformatics market.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018: Thermo Fisher Scientific introduced Ion GeneStudio S5 Series, a line of highly versatile next generation sequencers.
- November 2017: Biomillenia collaborated with QIAGEN for the use of QIAGEN's Microbial Genomics Pro Suite, in order to generate next-generation sequence data on microbes identified using Biomillenia's proprietary microbiome-on-a-chip technology.
- August 2016: Agilent Technologies and Eurofins Genomics collaborated to expand SureVector cloning system
- January 2016: PerkinElmer, Inc., has signed a strategic collaboration with Attivio in the launch of a new solution in the PerkinElmer Signals data discovery platform.
- Agilent Technologies
- Accelrys Inc.
- Geneva Bioinformatics SA
Key Topics Covered
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
7. Market Segmentation
8. Competitive Landscape
9. Key Players
10. Future of the Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4mj5lq/global?w=4