LOWELL, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The University of Colorado Boulder’s Housing & Dining Services is live on the new Workforce Dimensions solution from Kronos Incorporated. Powered by the Kronos D5 platform, Workforce Dimensions is a revolutionary workforce management solution, offering a breakthrough employee experience and unprecedented levels of operational insights.
- The University of Colorado Boulder’s Housing & Dining Services is using Workforce Dimensions for more than 2,100 employees including a mix of hourly, salaried, full- and part-time, and student workers.
Transforming the employee experience by letting employees
work their preferred way – The University of Colorado Boulder’s
Housing & Dining Services is transforming the employee experience with
Workforce Dimensions by enhancing employee productivity, motivation,
- Like most frontline workers, many university employees do not have access to a computer at work so asking them to enter time, view a schedule, or perform other work-related tasks using a desktop application may be counterproductive. Yet as nearly everyone today has a smartphone, giving employees self-service access to their work-related data on any mobile device boosts job satisfaction and overall efficiency.
- With Workforce Dimensions, employees can easily check accrual balances, request time off, edit and approve their timecard, and complete other tasks using their mobile device of choice. The responsive, device-agnostic user interface allows employees to more effortlessly move from desktop to tablet to phone – with the same experience and without feature loss.
- Collaborative self-scheduling tools enable employees to select their preferred schedules and make it easier to swap shifts and request time off, allowing them greater control of their work-life balance.
- The intuitive nature of the Workforce Dimensions user interface enables users to make choices with one-click actions and intelligent workflows with minimal training needed. In fact, non-native English-speaking staff have embraced Workforce Dimensions enthusiastically because of its intuitive nature.
Empowering managers with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine
learning, allowing them to work smarter – With Workforce
Dimensions, the University of Colorado Boulder’s Housing & Dining
Services benefits from a completely reimagined workforce management
process. This includes leveraging the full power of the solution’s
predictive capabilities to unlock valuable insights for managers.
- The embedded machine learning in Workforce Dimensions detects patterns among heaps of data to help managers make more informed decisions about staffing levels and work schedules.
- Workforce Dimensions also presents a personal digital consultant, Workforce Advisor, which uses AI and advanced machine learning to automate daily, time-consuming decisions, dramatically increasing the time managers spend on more strategic initiatives.
- Another predictive solution in the Workforce Dimensions suite, Proactive Compliance continually projects up-to-the-minute timekeeping data into the future, identifying and alerting managers to potential compliance risks hours and even days before an issue surfaces.
Chris Mullen, director of human resources, University of Colorado
Boulder Housing & Dining Services
“Transforming the student experience starts with transforming the employee experience and workforce management is a sound business decision for universities today. Workforce Dimensions is helping us achieve our employee engagement goals in two ways: by allowing employees to work in their preferred way and helping managers work smarter by delivering strategic insights. These benefits create an important advantage for us to attract and retain talent and better serve our students.”
Rock Regan, director, public sector practice group, Kronos
“Increasingly higher education institutions are seeing a connection between student satisfaction, graduation rates, and overall academic outcomes with employee engagement. The University of Colorado Boulder’s Housing & Dining Services is progressive in its focus on delivering a superior employee experience with greater mobility and overall ease of use, leveraging Workforce Dimensions to achieve its goals.”
- About the University of Colorado Boulder’s Housing & Dining Services.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.