Singapore leads Southeast Asia in Online Shopper Spending
Singapore B2C E-Commerce Market 2018, projects further growth of online retail sales in the nation, already the leader in Internet and online shopper penetration in Southeast Asia.
The comparatively high Internet connectivity rate and willingness of the population of Singapore to shop online make it rank third in B2C E-Commerce among its six Southeast Asian neighbors, even though it has the smallest population. Data from original sources cited in the eport reflect that Singapore has the highest online spending per capita in the region, and indicate that Singapore will have a slower growth rate than its neighbors going forward, but still show double-digit yearly growth through 2021.
Omnichannel and mobile shopping contribute to the continued expansion of online retail sales. Around 90% of Internet users went online through their smartphone last year, and about three-quarters of hits on retail websites were through mobile connections, according to the report. Smartphones also enable omnichannel shopping, as customers research online while in a store, or order items from anywhere for pick-up at a retailer's physical location.
Global giants Alibaba and Amazon as well as regional players are involved in competition for the Singapore shopper's dollar. Alibaba acquired Singapore-based regional leader Lazada. The publication reports that Amazon activated Amazon Prime in Singapore in 2017.
Questions Answered in this Report
- What were the estimated B2C E-Commerce sales in Singapore in 2017 and what is projection through 2021?
- How much does E-Commerce contribute to the overall sales of retail companies in Singapore?
- Who are the leading E-Commerce merchants in Singapore?
- What are the forecasts for Internet and online shopper penetration rates in Singapore by 2022?
- Which market trends are important for the development of online retail in Singapore?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Overview & International Comparisons
4. Sales & Shares
- Alibaba Group
- Amazon.com Inc
- EZbuy International Pty Ltd
- Giosis Group
- Lazada Group
- Sea Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c2k9vj/singapore_b2c?w=4