CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the leading provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, presents the latest State of the Science Summit™ on breast cancer. The event will take place on May 8 at the Colonnade Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts. The program will be chaired by Sara M. Tolaney, M.D., M.P.H, associate director, Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; associate director of clinical research breast oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, assistant professor of medicine Harvard Medical School.
This educational event will discuss the latest clinical and scientific advancements in the field of breast cancer. The featured presenters will discuss topics such as the ER+ breast cancer in early stage, de-escalating therapy for HER2-positive, triple-negative breast cancer and brain metastases from breast cancer and locally advanced HER2-positive breast cancer. The presenters will also address audience questions during the peer exchange discussion.
Presenters from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute are:
- Harold J. Burstein, M.D., Ph.D., institute physician; associate professor of medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Ian E. Krop, M.D., Ph.D., chief, breast oncology center, Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers; clinical research director, Breast Oncology Center; associate professor of medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Nancy U. Lin, M.D., clinical director, breast oncology center, Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers; director, Metastatic Breast Cancer Program; associate professor of medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Erica L. Mayer, M.D., M.P.H., director, advanced fellowship on oncology specialties, breast oncology center, Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers; senior physician; assistant professor of medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Eric P. Winer, M.D., chief clinical strategy officer; chief, division of women’s cancers; senior vice president for medical affairs; director, breast oncology center, Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers; Thompson Chair in Breast Cancer Research, professor of medicine, Harvard Medical School
The State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® that features medical experts from across the nation. Aiming to discuss current treatment options, each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals from across key disciplines that range from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Allison Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for MJH Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates, Inc., is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.